Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st Unauthorized Eggfest Photo

Options
Ike Witt
Ike Witt Posts: 195
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK not sure who was cooking this, photo from a cell phone i'm thinkin it was Chubby or the Fla boys sprungchicken.jpg

allen

Comments

• Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    That appears to be an under-age bird and I'm call the internet cops!! 8 - ) Hey, what's everyone else doin' (I mean the stay-at-homers)? I'm gettin' ready to do a crispy, baked potato followed by a humongous porterhouse, and I see that BHE1 is christianing a new (red-hot) medium egg with ribs & chile!! Looking north from Florida's Suncoast and there appears to be a lot of smoke in the sky! Do you think it could be....??
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    Nice tan lines ;) out here in the desert we're getting ready to put on a turkey breast. First time tryin a brine so we'll keep our fingers crossed, followed fire and smokes advice so I think we'll be alright. Have a great day, Brett
  • Rascal
    Options
    What desert are you surviving in and how do you like the mini? I bought one but haven't used it as yet. Can you do a small (3-4#) butt without refueling? Otherwise, I'm sure it's great to TREX a steak or flash-cook a few burgers, etc. What's been your experience?
  • Sun Devil Brett
    Options
    I'm outside of Phoenix, in Chandler. I am in the same boat as you with the mini, never used it yet. I got it a little while back when someone had a post about a place that bought too many and was trying to get rid of them. So there it sits, looking like a small offspring of the others. I picked up some tri-tip yesterday so maybe I'll fire it up in the next day or so. I'll post how it works out. Brett
  • Rascal
    Options
    Thank you! I bit the same hook (with no malice) and the mini is still packed and destined for my New England abode. I've used a Weber Genisis up there for years and I thought introducing a BGE would be a good idea. I cook outdoors so I'll see how it goes... Perhaps I'll need to fabricate a drain/snow cap to use when the weather turns ugly! Happy cookin'!!
  • 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    Options
    Wow! I just walked in fom Eggfest and I sure didn't see this gorgeous chick! Yeow! Check out those legs!! :)
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Chubby didn't mahe it. Did you see the whole pig? Pics on Monday
  • 02Roush2
    02Roush2 Posts: 119
    Options
    I missed the whole pig but sure heard a lot about it! Every time the "viewing" came around there were too many people for me to get in close enough to see. Not real sure I wanted to see it anyway fro m some of the comments I heard!!