Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks to Marv

Options
Jim R.
Jim R. Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
standard.jpg
<p />Did the "Marv's Marvlus Smoked Baked Beans"for a neighborhood get together tonight.A big hit and people trying to place orders for the Holidays.

Comments

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    JimR:[p]Thems are some really nice looking beans. Your picture is encouraging me to pull out the DO's for some here at the house!
    [/b]
  • JimR,
    Good looking stuff.

• JimR,
    The beans look real good, but the old cast iron kettle caught my eye. I wish my cast iron stuff looked that good. What's the secret?

• Jim R.
    Jim R. Posts: 103
    Options
    twodogs,
    The old cast iron is actually pretty new.The secret was giving it the cure in our friendly "egg".

• QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    Options
    JimR,[p]Would you care to share the recipe? Those look great, and I have a cast iron dutch oven just waiting to be used...[p]QBabe
    :~)

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    QBabe,
    Here you go.
    Bob

[ul][li]Marv's Marveleous Beans[/ul]
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    twodogs,
    Once your pans/pots are seasoned properly, they can be relatively easily maintained. After use, I always clean mine immediately (while the pan is hot) with hot water and wash cloth or soft plastic scouring pad. Never soap. Just enough to get any crusties off. A well-seasoned pan cleans up very easily. Then I shake off the excess water (pan is still hot) and run a paper towel to pick up the excess water. If it is hot enough, it will dry on its own...otherwise, put in on your stove over low heat until it is totally dry, then wipe some veggie oil on it, and store. I store them in the oven. You don't want to stack them.[p]Been doing this for 3 years now, and they look and work better every year. The more bacon and sausage and other good fatty meat you cook in there, the better. I cooked for years with junky aluminum pans, and after a few years of CI cooking, I'll never go back.[p]Hope that helps! Once you get them right, maintenance is simple if followed religiously.[p]Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Stogie
    Stogie Posts: 279
    Options
    twodogs,[p]The secret to get that great "color" is high temp seasoning. Every manufacturer will tell you to cook at 350º...that is bull and the easy way to do it. Then it will take you years to get the nice jet-black color.[p]I roast mine in my gasser at the highest temps I can get....600-700º...let cool and then do it again.[p]Lodge has a new line of pre-seasoned iron and this is exactly how they do it.[p]Stogie