Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lump Charcoal in Michigan??????

Options
Rick G
Rick G Posts: 185
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Help!!!!! I am in need of a lump charcoal supplier in Michigan. I used to get FireKing at Cabellas but they no longer carry it. I have checked all the WalMarts near me and all they have are brickettes. If there are any Michiganders that use lump could you fill me in on where you get yours????

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options
    Check Lowes, Home Depot - usually have Cowboy. Any Kroger or Kroger affiliate will have it or can order it for your. Kroger is private label Royal Oak.

GG
  • Rick G
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I did check the local HD and once again all they had was brickettes. Never thought about checking Kroger. Drove right past one tonight.
  • JalopyBob
    JalopyBob Posts: 175
    Options
    If you have a GFS Gordon Food Service around, they carry Royal Oak.
    Some of the butcher shops are starting to carry lump now too.
  • Rollocks
    Rollocks Posts: 570
    Options
    Gordon Foods sells Royal Oak for about $10 for 20 lb bag, Restaurant Depot sells it for $8. They have a store in Troy. They only sell to business owners though. If you don't own a business. You can print ups some cards and start one. Tey don't check very much/
  • ChefRD
    ChefRD Posts: 438
    Options
    Menards in Kalamazoo has Royal Oak, Lowes in Benton Harbor has Cowboy, Gordon's Food Service in Benton Harbor has Royal Oak, and sometimes their "Restaurant blend" lump charcoal. Meijer's stores carry it sometimes too.
    We have no Kroger's here anymore, :( so this is what I find normally.
    HTH,
    Ron.
  • Rick G
    Options
    Thanks to all for the info. I called a local Gordons and they said they carry lump but it is Gordons brand. I dont know who supplies them but I tought I would give it a try. I am also going to be calling other Gordons to see if I can find Royal Oak. Thanks again.
  • emilluca
    emilluca Posts: 673
    Options
    Look very closley at WalMart. I had to turn around or look up to find the RO lump. It could be there but pallets of Kingsford distracts.
    E
  • Golfnut
    Golfnut Posts: 144
    Options
    We used to get Cowboy at Ace Hardware, the price was $7.99 a couple months ago. Went in there yesterday and the price went up to $11.99 for 20lbs.
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    the Walmart in Lansing carries it. Gordons carries their own brand of lump which is private labeled Royal Oak.
  • MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    The Gordon's brand IS ROYAL OAK! Perry MI why just downt the road. GO STATE! WE have a team this year.
  • Rick G
    Options
    Go State!!! I will cheer for sparty anytime they are'nt playing big blue. I think sparty will take down the bucks this saturday.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i will keep my fingers crossed ;)

not a bettor but used to live in ohio (till i was 11) and grew to like Blue.. still love them.. :cheer:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb