Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We may still be full from Thanksgiving, but that doesn’t mean we’re not already looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner, too! Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Fav Mini Cooks?

RascalRascal Posts: 3,383
edited 6:30AM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday many told of their favorite BGE cooks. Could that question be refined a bit to cooks on the mini? I bought one and am wondering what everyone manages to fit in this litle guy...Will it burn long enough to do a small pork butt (4-5#)? I'd appreciate any & all comments! TIA!!

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Houndog's lobster! Porterhouse steaks. Shrimp 20 ways. Planked cheeses. Mmmm.
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    I did add lump at the 4 hour mark to get it to 190 internal. Did taste great and camr out fine.
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,383
    Before you added more lump, did you get it going first to allow the toxins (white smoke) to burn off?
  • plankedsalmon001.jpg

• RascalRascal Posts: 3,383
    Some nice-looking cooks there! Are you using it 'stock' (out of the box) or do you employ some accessories?
  • all cooks pictured were done with the out of the box as is. i did make a cast iron grid and a soapstone 'platesetter' and i have a pie pan with raised grid. and i did smoked cheeese on the mini with it..
  • aaindaaind Posts: 235