Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Fav Mini Cooks?

RascalRascal Posts: 3,358
edited 11:58AM in EggHead Forum
Yesterday many told of their favorite BGE cooks. Could that question be refined a bit to cooks on the mini? I bought one and am wondering what everyone manages to fit in this litle guy...Will it burn long enough to do a small pork butt (4-5#)? I'd appreciate any & all comments! TIA!!
·

Comments

• J AppledogJ Appledog Posts: 1,046
    Houndog's lobster! Porterhouse steaks. Shrimp 20 ways. Planked cheeses. Mmmm.
    ·
  • emillucaemilluca Posts: 673
    I did add lump at the 4 hour mark to get it to 190 internal. Did taste great and camr out fine.
    E
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,358
    Before you added more lump, did you get it going first to allow the toxins (white smoke) to burn off?
    ·
  • plankedsalmon001.jpg

plankedsalmon002.jpg

plankedsalmon003.jpg

mini067.jpg

mini068.jpg

mini069.jpg
    ·
  • RascalRascal Posts: 3,358
    Some nice-looking cooks there! Are you using it 'stock' (out of the box) or do you employ some accessories?
    ·
  • all cooks pictured were done with the out of the box as is. i did make a cast iron grid and a soapstone 'platesetter' and i have a pie pan with raised grid. and i did smoked cheeese on the mini with it..
    ·
  • aaindaaind Posts: 235
    100_0364.jpg

100_0360.jpg
    100_0314.jpg
    ·