Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Some lamb

Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,358
edited 1:10AM in EggHead Forum
A rack of fresh Ontario lamb, marinated in olive oil, good balsamic, shallots and garlic.

059-1.jpg

With some sliced baked spuds with onions and butter

057-1.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Comments

• FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Looks great Steve. Gonna have to try a rack soon.
  • Looks good I got to try some lamb
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,358
    Pat,

Wife and kids won't touch it. I made them cowboy steaks. I'm going to try and do some kafte at eggtoberfest. I did a practice run last week and Norma said is was amazing. Just like she gets at the local Lebanese place. I asked her for three days if she was sure it was that good. Then I told her it was lamb.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Damn Steve,that looks great :woohoo:Are the pics a little fuzzy,or is that just me? :pinch: Just kidding buddy,the lamb looks awesome :woohoo:
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Steve....next time you come over be prepared to share this delicacy.........fantástico!!
    pop-a-top,

In SD you might be ab;le to get Ontaro lamb. Way bigger and better than Kiwi, just not as much advertising.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Sparky,

Still can't find the charger for the Nikon. Doing thebest I can but they are fuzzy.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Oh thank god,I thought I was going blind :lol:
    Beli,

When I was driving from Mexico City to Queretaro, I saw some sheep on the hillsides. Is it not a regular dish there?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

Sparky,

There's a coupla things that can cause blindness. One of them is drinking too much. B)

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

That must be it :lol: :laugh:
    Sparky,

You do know what the other is dontcha?

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Wow!!! Beautiful Steve. Hey Steve do you still have my work number. If so give me a call,please.
    Todd,

I have it at work, are you home in the morning? Or e-mail it to steveanelson@hotmail.com

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    You've got mail. :)
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Even fuzzy those chops look great Steve!! You get some good lamb up there!! ;)
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    It can be expensive, so it is more of a select market segment, delicious when cooked properly like yours.
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Some nice-looking lamb lollipops!
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    wow steve looks real good. i can't wait to get my fresh lamb delivered to me. i will be callig you for some tips and recipes!!
  • Looks great! Looks like those chops were from a bigger lamb? Do you know how much that lamb weighed? Where to you get your lamb? (I live in Vaughan, Ontario).
  • Looks great! Looks like those chops were from a bigger lamb? Do you know how much that lamb weighed? Where to you get your lamb? (I live in Vaughan, Ontario).
    Topo Gigio,

It was just a rack of Ontario lamb from Zehr's (I think). Longo's usually has Ontario lamb. It was in the freezer. Ontario lamb is about the best there is but they don't advertise as much as other producers. A rack of Ontario lamb is about 25% heavier than NZ.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON