Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

marinated chipotle wings

Options
Large Marge
Large Marge Posts: 404
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
these were good...

wings102008001.jpg

Started with the instant marinator, slashed wings 2-3 times and then dusted with chipotle and ancho chile powders, then poured over about 1/4 cup peanut oil, 2 tbs lemon juice, 2 tbs worcestershire sauce, 1/4 cup beer, and salt/pepper. Let it sit for 30 mins (I'd like to try this for 4 hrs + next time). Pic above shows them after about 15 minutes on the rack, cooking direct @ 375-400 dome. Rotated twice.

wings102008005.jpg

After 30 mins, these are ready to sauce and finish. Next time I'm going to put them on direct to the grate for 3-4 mins a side before saucing, as I like them really crispy and the sauce I use has honey in it.

wings102008006.jpg

My sauce is 1/2 stick butter melted in a pot, 1/2 bottle of Frank's wing sauce, more ancho and chipotle powders (about 1 tbs each), 1/3 cup honey and salt/pepper. I heat through to bubbling, and simmer to thicken.

wings102008007.jpg

The finished product - I think perfect cook time is 45-50 minutes all-in, the sauce should go on last 5 mins to prevent burning if you use sugar. I always get impatient and end up burning a bit-- but I love the char!

-Marge

Comments