Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

rate my plate - ribs

edited 8:46PM in EggHead Forum

is there anything better than dizzy dust and blues hog?

• BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    That almost looks good enough to eat :lol: Wait,I meant too good to eat :whistle: I forget,what was the question? :silly: AWESOME!!!!!
  • KitarkusKitarkus Posts: 131
    wow...and the photography is nearly as fantastic as the food. Those ribs look perfect.

Kansas City
  • Ill second Beli
  • seriously...that's a fine plate...worthy of the ribs

nicely done!
  • Car Wash MikeCar Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Rate or rape that plate? :woohoo: :ohmy: Wouldn't mind trying a couple of those.
    Yep, DP and Blues Hog has done fine for me. I'll tell you what I cut it with in Hotlanta.

• TennisbumTennisbum Posts: 228
    Now I know what I need to strive for...if they taste as good as they look your in for a real treat
  • 10 out of a possible 10
  • Rolling EggRolling Egg Posts: 1,995
    Ribs looking awesome man. I got a quart of blues hog in the counter I haveny tried yet. Gonna have to be good to beat Sweet Baby Rays. Its the best.
  • Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,378
    Oh my word!
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Have to be a 10 on the ribs and a 12 on the pics. They look great.
  • you were saying something?

• Dang!
  • BasscatBasscat Posts: 706
    They are gorgeous, and the plating is perfection!
    Lacking the sweet tooth on ribs, I don't sauce mine, but with Dizzy Dust, an added tweak or two, and a bit of peach and pecan for smoke, these were nirvana for me....

• BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    i say 9 out of a possible 10

reason for the deduction the plate was in ohio not in SC

see you on friday and can't wait ;)

happy eggin

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Stop, please stop. man you hurting me with those ribs. "great presentation".
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,769

The Squash is not lined up properly, the end rib has a thing hanging from it and you have smudges on the plate.

So give me plate and try again :woohoo:
  • don't be an @ss
  • Where do I get the recipe Rick?
  • it's pretty easy really...

put dry rub on ribs
    put ribs in 250 degree indirect egg
    put sauce on at 4:30
    take off egg at 5:00