Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Prime Rib Roast \"a la Ross\" 325 Dome 140 Internal

BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
edited 10:19AM in EggHead Forum
Thank you Ross for suggesting the perfect temperatures for this cook.

Rubbed with Mike's Cow Lick Steak Rub ideal for Prime Rib, Fresh Rosemary and added some red wine to the Oaxacan Green Bowl.

DSCN1046.jpg

After over 2 hours of slow cooking, and following Ross's perfect temps. let it rest for 10 - 15 min

DSCN1051.jpg

The Girls: Mi Roren, Ninel & Bonita in an attempt to devour, and eat greedily & ravenously The Rib in its Prime :laugh:

DSCN1053.jpg

My wife Loren prepared some delicious Beets In Sweet Orange Sauce.......

DSCN1057-1.jpg

...... and Pasta with a Creamy Red Pepper Sauce

DSCN1059-1.jpg

Added Steve's Very Own Gourmet Reduced Meat Sauce

ENJOY!!!!

DSCN1065-1.jpg

DSCN1067-1.jpg

RSCN1074.jpg

Comments

• GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,255
    No way would I get that many pictures if I had a table of good looking food like yours. Care to share with the Creamy Red Pepper Sauce & pasta.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • wow, a feast at the Beli estate,,looks like it was a good time last night beautiful as always
    bill
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Eggcellant Beli. I bet that was one happy crowd. Wife wants me to cook all day today so she won't go hungry next weekend :ohmy: Getting my stuff together now to head to Tampa Thursday then Atlanta Friday. See you soon.
    PS I'm bringing some extra Raspberry Chipotle sauce so can you use some?
  • Clay QClay Q Posts: 4,432
    Wow, what a nice harvest dinner featuring prime rib... got me hungry just lookin at the pictures!
    Fantastic job of cooking.
    .....I like the beets in sweet orange sauce idea.
    Thanks for sharing. :cheer:
  • BeliBeli Posts: 10,751
    Sure.
    Beets in Sweet Orange Sauce

1 bunch beets (4-5 medium)
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1/4 cup chicken broth
    1 whole orange juice
    1 whole grated orange peel
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    1/2 teaspoon grated ginger.

Heat oven to 400. cut beets into fourths. Place beets, oil and broth in ovenproof 2 quart saucepan. Cover and bake 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionaly, until beets are tender. remove from oven.
    Stir in orange juice, orange peel and brown sugar. Cook over medium-high heat 5 to 8 minutes, stirring frequently, until sauce is reduced and beets are coated with glaze. stir in parsley and ginger.
    Would love to Pat. TKS. Have a great cooking day & see you next friday ;)
    Hi bill, thanks!!! You & JL going to Atlanta??
    Thanks my friend...posted the beet recipe up under Gunnar. Have a good sunday!!
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Looks great as always Beli :woohoo:I can almost smell it from here :silly: ;)
    thanks Doug......nothing like the industrial amounts of Delicious Butt you cooked the other day.. :laugh:
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Yea,you gotta see the industrial mess that I found this morning :lol: :pinch: I think that I'm gonna need a Haz-Mat crew :blink:
  • Beli,
    Great looking meal, I'm glad it worked out for you!
    Ross
  • not this year.. sticking pretty close to home so i can visit mom and feed her breakfast every saturday and sunday. i am assuming i will go next year. take some pics for me and have a good time. do you have your menu planned?
    bill
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    wow beli it sure looks like it turned out real good!!
    Sorry to miss you....I won't be cooking just having a good time.... ;)
    Mike.... can't thank you enough for all the spices & goodies you sent!!
    ......or should I say Prime Rib Ross... :)
  • mikeb6109mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
    it is no problem my friend!! did you want me to bring you more rubs when i go to the fest?? i also seen your gift today and all i can say is wow i think you will really love this one!! let me know for the rubs i can bring you what ever you want as long as i have some. but i got pretty much all of them.
    Mike I'm fine TKS and really looking forward to see you next friday, can't wait to try your moose cook ;)
  • There you go making us hungry again :woohoo:
  • BENTEBENTE Posts: 8,337
    thanks beli that looks wonderful!!!

i copied the beet recepie but do you mind posting the pasta recepie?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

Sure my friend!!

Penne al Morrón (Red pepper)

7 oz. Penne Pasta about
    6 oz. Cheddar cheese
    7 oz. Red pepper
    1 can Cream
    1 tbs. Chicken broth. Granulated
    1/4 of an onion
    Dash of Pepper

Put all ingredients in blender (except the pasta) and then add on top of the pasta. Put in glass pyrex & foil. Heat on the egg at 350 for 30 min. ENJOY!!!
    i take it the pasta is precooked?

and where do you find grandulated chicken broth? is that like boullion?

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,255
    7 oz red pepper?
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
    Yes the pasta has been precooked and we use Knorr Suiza boullion cubes/ granulated
    thanks ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

1 7 oz. can Red Pepper
  • Cpt'n CookCpt'n Cook Posts: 1,917
    Beli, you've got a good thing going there in Monterrey.
  • Very Very nice!!!!
    TKS Marc. Love doing it & sharing.