Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Can I borrow some guava wood at Eggtoberfest?

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I need guava wood for one of my cooks for Eggtoberfest, and as we were going through things this weekend, we discovered we're completely out. Is there anyone going who has some that I could borrow? We could use a few (3-5) chunks. Actually, I might as well say I'm not borrowing it, since I won't be giving it back, but you'll be first on the list for a sample of the food I make with it... ;)

Let me know and we'll see how to hook up...thanks! Can't wait to see everyone

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    Hi QBabe,
    I have some but won't be at the fest I could mail it, not sure it will arive in time as Monday is a holiday and no mail. Im in Jupiter and could get it to anyone that is going from south FL. Let me know if I can help as it would be my pleasure. 561-662-4070
    Jupiter Jim and KayNOcook

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• I can bring you some. Do you want dead or green. Let me know
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Tonia:

I will include some in our stuff. See you Friday!

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• QBabe
    Options
    Thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I could have used a substitute, but it'll be better to have the guava...

We likely won't make it in time for the Varsity lunch, but maybe we can hook up afterwards, before the meet and greet? It's for our first cook on Saturday am, so if we can grab it on Friday, that'll be great! Are you staying at the Comfort? Do you still have my cell phone number? Shoot me an email and we'll exchange them again.

Thanks...
  • QBabe
    Options
    Thanks...looks like Jay has me covered.
  • QBabe
    Options
    Thanks for offering, Jim. Looks like Jay is going to be able to bring some, so that will probably be easier since I won't have to worry about the mail. Really appreciate the offer. Say hi to Kay for me!
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Tonia:

We are actually going up Thursday afternoon, but not staying at the Comfort Suites. We are at a Homewood Suites at the next exit North. I'm sure we can meet up somehow on Friday, I'll have a few chunks of Guava in a ziplock for you.

More in the email...at the bacchettababe address.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Hey Jay if you want to complicate things you can give it to Mike (PBM) and we can get it to Tonia. We are staying at the CS. If I can think of an even more roundabout way I'll let you know :huh:
  • Charleston Dave
    Options
    Guava wood?

And I thought I was the king of obscure ingredients! :woohoo:

What's even cooler is that a few Eggers said, "Oh, sure, no problem, I'll bring it!"
  • QBabe
    Options
    It's a really nice wood to smoke with. Guava Greg (another forum member) sells it - he's in Hawai. It's hard to describe the flavor it gives, but it's very nice. If you look up his profile, he should have a link there where you can order some.

I agree, it's pretty cool that we can put a call for help and have it answered without hesitation. What a great "family" to have...!