Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cookies!?

Options
Grateful Egg
Grateful Egg Posts: 3
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
New egger. Already done pizza, steak, beer can chicken, brats in my first week of egging. Now ready for some cookies--thinking oatmeal raisin or choc. chip . Any advice out there?

Comments

• pop-a- top
    Options
    Have not done cookies on egg yet but sounds like your doing great B)
  • Grateful Egg
    Options
    Thanks Pop. Haven't had this much fun cooking for a while. :)
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    pumpkin cookies.

my mom has made them as long as i can remember, and my two boys love them as much as i ever did. i don't know anyone up here that makes them besides mom, but i bet down south someone must. i think, too, that if a hint of smoke crept in, they'd be (dare i think it) even better. no. not better than mom's. but still damn good.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    just make your egg like an oven!!

indirect and the same temp as you would your oven!!

here are 24 oatmeal raisin cookie recepies
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/search/delegate.do?fnSearchString=oatmeal+raisin+cookies&fnSearchType=site

if you do make the chocko chip decision just follow the recepie on the bag of chips ;)

HTH

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    I bake all the time in my eggs. Do a good burn to make sure you have gotten all the greasy gunk out that will cause smoke. (or buy a med egg just for baking in ;) Maybe the next time you do dinner plan on letting it burn good and go out, them you will be starting with new lump. Even better! use the plate setter leg's up and then the grill and then a pizza stone. I put my cookies on parchment and use the pizza peal to remove them. light and set the temp just like you would in the oven. I do preheat the stone so you do not have to go as long baking. but not all cookie recipes are best that way, for a thin sugar cookie it is fine but if I am doing pumpkin chocolate chip with walnuts, there Stike! they are even further north than you LOL for those I do not use the pizza stone. to hot i just set my pan in the grill, plate setter legs up under it. Pizza pans are great to put the cookies on to bake, round :side:. but not the perforated ones LOL If when you light it let it go for a little longer than normal to be really clean burning and just good heat. you should not have any smoke taste at all :) Julie
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Oh and don't forget to set the daisy wheel so the knob is towards you when you open and close the dome. that way the temp setting does not have to be adjusted every time you take out a pan. it is not cool if it moves and you don't check it. You come out for golden brown cookies and have your own source of LUMP. :whistle: