Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Elder Ward?

Options
Nu-Guy
Nu-Guy Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've seen a lot of you mention Elder Ward. Does he have a web site were he doles out his wisdom?

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nu-Guy,[p]Elder Ward is to pulled pork as Shoeless Joe Jackson is to baseball; both were legendary in their skill and accomplishments but both kinda disappeared after memorable moments.[p]Just kidding, Elder Ward hasn't disappeared. As far as I know, he just hasn't posted in a while. Last I remember, he posted a response to my question on removing labels from homebrews. And for you SAT types out there, my analogy is also a little faulty since Shoeless Joe disappeared in infamy while Elder Ward is associated with no such scandal. I won't talk anymore about intellectual correctness, though, since I fear this will draw off-topic rants and temper tantrums.[p]GFY,
    Cornfed

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Cornfed, Elder Ward has made me what I am today. Nah! I did that on my own unfortunately,, but he has helped make me a pretty cook in the butt area. I haven't heard from him in quite a while. He's been scarce'r than hens teeth lately.

• Nu-Guy
    Options
    Cornfed,
    Well, ok. I'm alright with all that, but could you tell me if you have the EWPPR recipe?
    Tanker Tim's Egg Beans calls for it and it sounded pretty good.

• DS
    DS Posts: 15
    Options
    Nu-Guy,
    recipe section.......click below

[ul][li]Elder Ward[/ul]
  • Nu-Guy
    Options
    DS,
    Thanks for the link. After reading all that, I can see what they were talking about. Whew.

• MAC
    MAC Posts: 442
    Options
    Nu-Guy,
    Hay Nu-Guy why don't you post a profile so we can all see who you are? I really like to see a guy who has a real thurst for knowledge. You will be d expert in no time. this forum is like the encyclopedia of Q knowledge. Everyone is sooo pro active when it comes to solving a problem. And everyone is the new guy once. Happy Qing[p]MAC

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Nu-Guy,[p]Sorry for being nebulous. I sometimes find myself speaking in riddles.
  • Nu-Guy
    Options
    Cornfed,
    I enjoyed the riddle. Keep 'em koming!

• Nu-Guy
    Options
    MAC,
    I'd be happy do to a profile, but it would have to be a word picture. I don't have one of those neat digatron cameras or high resolution scammers. So, do I do a separate post? I don't want to violate the forum rules. I've read the rules and can invision a squad of eggpolice dressed in riot gear surrounding my deck. Their goal, to remove my egg and leave me with a wooden table with a large hole on one end. As they are departing and I wipe the tears from my eyes, to my horror, what do I see they've done....They brought back the 18 year old Sumbeam gas grill that I put out on the curb 6 weeks ago. Now is that one bad dream or what?

• Gfw
    Gfw Posts: 1,598
    Options
    Nu-Guy, use the "Visitor Profile" link at the top of the forum - while there are many profiles with pictures, there are also a lot with no pictures.

• Nu-Guy
    Options
    Thanks Gfw,
    If I would only take the time to read.... Anyway, I got to the profile section and filled it out. They say it might take a day or so before it gets posted.
    Thanks for help.

• Nu-Guy
    Options
    MAC,
    Followed Gfw's instructions and did the profile thing this morning. Guess it takes a day or so to post. While I was there, I checked yours and see that you are not very far away. I thought I smelled something good blowing in from the S.E. yesterdday!

• Elder Ward
    Elder Ward Posts: 330
    Options
    Nu-Guy,[p]No, he is sort of like the influengza. (Spelling?) He shows up when you least expect him and you may or may not like what happens to you. :~)) Some have referred to me as an prima donna and felt like I was dominating this site way to much at one time. "This aint your personal site to push your cooking methods." Therefore I have chosen to make a minimum inpact until he dies of old age. $^) I think I can out last him. ;) If by some weird reasoning only known to you or others you seek my cousel I can be reached at my e-mail address listed here and else where.
    Welcome to the BGE, Elders personal sounding board and we love new people. You really don't need me I have seen nothing but good sound advise since I became a silent partner.%^)[p]If you got em smoke em,[p]Elder Ward

• Elder Ward
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Wow do I owe you any money for that great review?
    He is right you will be better than me in short order.
    Who told you about my secret idenity.:)[p]Elder Ward

• Elder Ward
    Options
    King-O-Coals,[p]Getting over a pitty party. I had a great time. Wish you could have joined me. Not. :))[p]Elder Ward

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Elder Ward, hello fellow pig lover. Glad to see ya back in town. Don't act like your having fun,, you'll get scolded. Smokin Todd is now unable to produce offspring due to his antics. If ya get ambushed, just holler and I'll come runnin. After all, I owe my butt to ya. :)