Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, see our new showroom and check out the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Have I fried Polder probe?

CecilCecil Posts: 771
edited 2:59AM in EggHead Forum
Momma and kids are out of town, all I have is choir practice and baseball coaching on Sat. I am finally up to speed with part time help at my store. I have lg doing Clay Q beef and am doing my first small butt on my small, stogie in hand. My polder reads Hi on meat temp. Did I fry the cable? I will make do with thermapen and approximate timing but just wondering.

Walt

Comments

• Mine did the same thing it was DOA sorry.

Firewalker
  • CecilCecil Posts: 771
    That is what I thought. Cranked up my last cook and did not wrap probe. Can you buy a new probe?

Walt
  • AhaleyAhaley Posts: 1
    Yep. You can. :blush: I was guilty of it when I wasn't paying attention to how I had it routed one time. Just search for polder probe on amazon. Cheapest place I found it.
    Thankee si

Walt
  • BuxwheatBuxwheat Posts: 727
    I've killed several probes. Never bothered to replace just the probe. I usually find a new probe and temp box for cheaper than replacing probe alone. My last 2 I bought at Target for about $10 each (made by Taylor). The probes themselves are interchangeable with my Oregon Scientific remote probe base. (Had to trim a bit of the plastic around the plug to make the OS probe fit into the Taylor)
  • Old SaltOld Salt Posts: 357
    I have a Taylor and also fried my probe. It also read HI. I e-mailed them and they sent a new probe free since it was under warranty but any more would cost $5 plus shipping.
    I need to get another for tomorrow's cook and will order a polder probe.

Anyway both hunks of meat turned out well.

Walt