Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Ping Hayhonker!!!!

Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
edited 6:02PM in EggHead Forum
Are u on here?
·

Comments

• hayhonkerhayhonker Posts: 576
    HEEEEEE just starting to move around for the day. G'morning to you
    ·
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Hey man, I got your E, but the return addy for you keeps failing. Is your profile up to date?

Here's the email I tried to send back:

What!! I thought surely you would be coming with Wess and Sally. I was looking forward to seeing you, brother. Alright then, if you're not coming to the eggfest, I'm having a chili party on Nov 1st. See if you can make that. We'll even put you up. I'll try to get a sample back to you through Wess, and Sally. Great hearing from you!
    ·
  • CrashCrash Posts: 32
    Good morning!
    ·
    G'morning.
    ·
    doh! there's a typo in the email addy. I'll have to figure out how to change that...
    I mentioned the chili party to Wendy and I guess that's also Halloween weekend and we've got a bunch of kids stuff going on.
    Man do I love chili and it's a safe bet that I'll make some that weekend too. Thanks for the invite if there's any chance I can make it I will let you know.
    Have a great weekend :)
    ·
  • hey jason, we going to see you in hotlanta this weekend??
    ·
    I wish I wish. My work commitment got bumped from this week, into next year sometime so I'm free, but not likely to go.
    How long does it take you to drive there? Wendy knows I'd do just about anything to get there, but I feel it's not in the cards this year.
    ·
  • it takes me about 9 1/2 hours from arlington, pushing pretty hard (i leave about 2 - 3am, getting south of richmond before morning rush hour starts on friday, and i only make 2 quick pit stops ...so i get to the varsity by about 1:30 . . .

let me guess, with the hubble mission scrubbed till next year, you suddenly freed up ... .
    ·
    you guessed it...hubble trouble hehehe

9 1/2 hours is a haul for a good hotdog :)
    ·
  • yeah, but its a pretty easy drive ...been doing it for years now. ...and the timing works out good. .. .and on the way back on sunday i leave atlanta around 8 - 9 am, stop at bill wise's lake house on the ga/sc border for a couple of hours (a little egging) then i'm home by around 9 -10 pm. ... its a great weekend. ..

you know, with the spawn not coming this year due to college committments i'm going solo ....care to come on down to arlington thursday evening and drive on down with me??
    ·
    WOW! Well, not sure if I'm worthy of the title "Stand-in-Spawn" but that would be great. I filled in for Wess and Sallys daughter last year ya know...Might have to buy myself a wig....OOOH and maybe I can make her brownies for team dessert! OK I know that's just crazy talk but it gives me a chuckle.

Lemme talk to Wendy tonight and see. That would be really fun.
    ·
    Swing it so you can go! 10 hours of Mad Maxx wisdom...priceless. Or you could always opt to be strapped across the hood like a deer. :pinch:
    ·
  • give me a call on the 'hotline' later 703-517-3791 and we can talk. ..any time over the next couple of days. ..no rush. . .btw. ..give me your email addy, i can give you some details with regard to some room arrangments and some other details. ..
    ·
  • LOL. ..that may have just turned him off todd :woohoo:
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    You can have my ticket.... least I a worthy egger will go in my stead
    ·
    Thank you so much. I'll have to let you know. If someone else wants it go ahead and give it up. I'd like to think that I could sneak in and help around the Mothership enough for them to let me slide, if not there's always the afterparty right? :)

Hope to hear all about your next rise to the top in Waldorf ok?
    ·
  • does the floppy red hat come as part of the deal?? :woohoo:
    ·
  • Celtic WolfCeltic Wolf Posts: 9,768
    That is my floppy red hat. Just like your pepper pajama pants.. :)
    ·