Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Another New Arrival at the Chicken Ranch

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The USPS Bus pulled up in front of the Ranch today and off-loaded just one passenger. Hazel, her name is Hazel, and she was referred to us by Eggent BabyRay and his crew, Faye, Mary Ann and Jimmy.

She had a note with her listing references. We took her in of course, especially since she was quite handsome and dressed for the season.

Here she is shortly after arrival:

Hazel.jpg

We introduced her to another recent arrival, now identifed by her new alias, Ginny Egglaine (thought up by none other than Spring Hen herself for obvious reasons). We were telling her the story of Rodney Dangerbird.

GinnyEgglaineRodneyDangerbirdHazel.jpg

Then Ms Mona joined in and introduced herself:

GinnyEgglaineRodneyDangerbirdHazel2.jpg

And it wasn't long before they discoveded that they all liked to dance: (Click on the picture)

th_ChickenDance.jpg

Looks like the Ranch is going to be hopping for the next few days while I figure out what to do with the new arrivals.

What with the depressing economy all I can pay them is chicken feed and a place to roost. Unless, of course, they want to 'entertain' our guests.

We'll see.

Spring "Head Mister" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Jupiter Jim
    Jupiter Jim Posts: 3,351
    Options
    That's it, all I can say is with so much generosity and the ability to recover from a natural disaster (hurricane)and pull off an unoffical TEXAS EGGFEST at the Spring Chicken Ranch, plus take in the guests as needed, provide them with chicken feed, you two are an Eggsample of what makes America a great country. When you go into the voting booth VOTE YES FOR SPRING CHICKEN PRESIDENT AND SPRING HEN VICE PRESIDENT.
    Jupiter Jim and KaynoCook

I'm only hungry when I'm awake!

Okeechobee FL. Winter

West Jefferson NC Summer

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Ginny Egglaine looks right at home!! :) She has been around and not scared of any witch.
    See you 2 soon.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Photobucket is telling us something fas failed which I assume is a nice way of saying the Chicken Dance isn't for public viewing, BUT NOT that it is naughty!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Try it now. You might notice that Hazel is a bit frisky with Rodney Dangerbird. But even in his current state he still attracts the girls.

Spring "Mr Fix-it" Chicken
  • egguitarist
    Options
    But will Hazel 'respect" Rodney Dangerbird in the morning?
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Poule a trois?
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    At the rate you are breeding these things you will soon have a flock. Its good to know that the plumbing system does more than just keep you awake watching the forum when nobody else is willing to do so.
    Congrats on the Coop Party, I would have loved to be there as my first Eggfest.
    We are however working on the logistics of organising an Irish fest hopefully next year.
    Regards from Ireland.
    Roger
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    thanks for the laugh - it's nice to watch something other than this free falling stock market...
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Hi Roger.

You sure stay out of sight for long periods at a time. You're not hiding from the law, are you? LOL

Did you see the photos of the Coop Party. If you missed them you can see them here:

http://chickencoopparty.blogspot.com/

Worth a look. It was fun.

Do you ever make it stateside? If you do, put Spring Texas on your list of stops. I'll let you play with my girls.

Spring "Over Here" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    That sounds dirty. I like it.

Spring "Three's A Crowd, But A Fun Crowd" Chicken
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    I have a feeling Hazel is a 'use 'em and lose 'em' sort of gal. Just what we need for the Coop. Rodney is just 'Love Fodder' for her type. Good thing he's disconnected from reality.

Spring "Takes All Kinds Here At The Ranch" Chicken
  • irishrog
    irishrog Posts: 375
    Options
    I would love to spend more time on the forum, however when the forum is active in the evenings, I am deep in slumber land, being at least 5 hours ahead of most of you over there.
    I loved the photos of the coop party, they made me really sorry not to have been able to attend. May big ambition at the moment is to plan a holiday to the states which will coincide with Eggtoberfest, hopefully within the next 2 years.
    As for the law, remember the song, "I fought the law & the law won". i think that was written for me.
    I do get to look at the forum most days, but seldom have much time to post.
    Regards from Ireland.