Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Got the moose/bomba sausage done for the fest....

mikeb6109
mikeb6109 Posts: 2,067
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
well after a long day of house work and going to the shooting range to get ready for deer season coming up the weekend after the fest. i got to my sausage making.what i ended up doing is cut up a bunch of pork belly unsalted and unsmoked i added this to the moose and a few cups of the bomba sauce salt and pepper. so i set up the stuffer with the grinder plate so it would grind up the pork a bit more and help blend the stuff together.used 12 pounds of moose and 5 cups of bomba ,one pound of pork belly. so i hope this will be enough to go around at the fest.here is a bunch of pics of the process. now all i need to do is pull it out of the fridge and seal up and freeze.
here is what i started with but notice the ground pork...well i decided at the last minute not to use it!

052-1.jpg

056.jpg

061.jpg

066.jpg

064.jpg

070.jpg

here i am half done.........
053.jpg

work pretty hard now all i wish is that it will be a good turn out and it taste good! i will try some tomorrow night. plans are to go indirect at 250 with lots of cherry in the fire or some jack daniels chips.
good night and hope you all stop by the canadian corner and visit us and try out the grub!!take care and anxious as hell for my first fest! :woohoo:

Comments