Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table for Large and Small

Ray
Ray Posts: 8
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Have been wanting a Egg for years now, was going to get a XL Egg but after reading the forums have decided to go with a Large and Small egg so we can cook at different temps and I can take the small Camping with me.

I've also come across a good deal on ipe that I'm going to build a table out of for the Eggs.

My question is, for as many people that suggest buying 2 eggs does anyone have a decent set of table plans to hold 2 eggs?

My current thought is to take the basic set of Egg Table Plans and add a middle set of legs to them and put a low shelf on one side and a high Shelf on the other side or to just build the regular set of plans and build basically a box/booster seat for the Small to sit on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ray

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    check out the table gallery at naked whiz then if you see one you like ask them ;)

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/TableGallery/tables.htm

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Ray, if you are building in a place where the table will not have to be moved for any reason, then I would go with one continuous table, & be sure you give yourself adequate work space for food, beer, music, tools & whatever else you need while cook'n. On the other hand, if you are in a spot where the egg or eggs may need to be moved from time to time, you may want to do individual tables that can be moved easily but work as one longer table, like below (I have no roof over mine so occassionally I wheel my table inside the garage & cook in there if the weather is really bad):

IMG_1837.jpg
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I just used an extra stepping stone to level out my small with my medium :) It might take three stones on the small with one on the large to even them up.Or,like you said,you could build a platform to set the small on.This might give you a spot to store your platesetter and pizza stone ;)

018-4.jpg

BTW,good call going with multiple eggs :woohoo:
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    this is my large and small combo table. I started with the basic BGE plan but altered to suit. I also limited my size so as to use a BGE cover - hence I use the fold down table on the side. Note the riser for the small houses a drawer. Works for me!
    IMG_0695.jpg

You might gander the tables at TNW site for ideas too.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Here is an XL and SBGE. Started out with just the XL using the plan on BGE website. Added the small later.
    The BGE plan is simple and easy to build. I suggest checking hinge clearances before proceeding. Decide if you want the hinge to operate over the table or cut a slot in the table to accomodate the hinge. Good luck with it and share photos when you get it finished.

101_2902800x600-1.jpg
  • Cecil
    Cecil Posts: 771
    CIMG2133-1.jpg
    Here is mine, I love it.

Walt
  • I did the same as RRP. As a matter of fact I kinda stole his folding shelves and drawer under the small idea. Thanks Ron!!

PICT5065.jpg
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    in my part of the country no idea is stolen when it's offered here free! I'm just glad you liked and used the ideas! The fold down wings with their 140# strength just makes sense...why take up valuable real estate (room) on your porch or deck when you only need it occasionally?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • I like your set up because you can easily move your small to transport...
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    Here's mine...very user friendly!
    TableSetup.jpg
    fc