Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Coop Party Photos

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm so tired I could sleep right here right now, but I wanted to share a few photos of what turned out to be one heck of a great party.

Some of these photos have already been posted by Susan Egglaine and Beanie-Bean and Burnt Raw so excuse me if I included them. Also, I may have duplicated a few on them as my gray matter started to turn dark.

Also, I've got all the photos named and identified but I'm just too tired to inject them tonight. I'll try to get back to the editing tomorrow.

Finally, let me say I am absolutely thrilled at how things turned out. Everyone, even complete strangers, didn't hesitate to make friends with everyone else. We simply didn't need to introduce anyone because everyone introduced themselves.

So many smiles and endless laughter was enough to convince me they were happy to be here.

Some stepped up to the plate (or Egg in this case) and volunteered to cook so Spring Hen and myself could just mingle with the crowd or take a break. Others helped clean up during and after the party.

Many brought gifts or beverages or food or lump or other items. I will talk more about them later.

Anyway, these photos should give you a pretty good idea of how much fun we had. I'll add more later but for now, this Chicken is about to roost.

Click here to see the photos:

http://chickencoopparty.blogspot.com/

Check back later to see the names and other info.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Let There Be Sleep... Please" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Same time next year? I am off opposite weeks every year and would love to come, cook and help drink the adult beverages.
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Leroy,

I wish I had enough eggers within a reasonable distance that I could host them. Must be great just letting them go. Looks like you guys had some fun!

Steve

BTW What is the significance of the Rampant Lion flag. The hat I gave you in Atlanta last year has one on it.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Leroy & Judy, Thanks for a great party! I clucked off just over 1,000 miles on my Sporty this weekend, and it was worth every inch of driving!
    What a great group! I have met most of the gang previously at eggfests, but the newcomers were just like family, too. I hope to see everyone again soon!
    Thanks to all who attended and all who couldn't make it but wished us well.
    Atlanta, here we come!
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Mr. Leroy,

I hope that you and Ms. Judy are able to get some much-needed rest after such a fine get- together you guys put on. BTW, let me know if you'd like the full-sized images I posted because I can post them on another site for you to pick up if you'd like. The ones I posted were from Photobucket, so I reduced the sizes quite a bit.

Take care,
  • Thanks for hosting the party. We were newcomers and made to feel like one of the gang right away. Food and drink were almost as good as the company.Look forward to attending more and using some of the recipes and ideas we got yesterday.

doc
  • Leroy

Great shots of the Coop Party. Teresa and I thank you and Judy for the great hospitality and a wonderful time had by all. Was really fun to meet some of the forum members and put a face with there nics. Hope to participate in some of the fests next year as well. Have fun in Atlanta.
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    re rampant lion - in my world that's the (Scottish) Royal Standard - I'm guessing a Caledonian connection.

Looks like a great party and nice to see what people look like, oh and if you could just post plans of the coop - it looks like a great place.......
  • This was a 'one and only' party. Molly Shark said she wants to do it next year up in Fort Worth. Easier to drive 500 miles than to throw a bash, at least for those of us in the almost 'expired' generation.

Sorry you missed it.

Spring "Still Lick'n My Wounds" Chicken
  • James MB is correct. I have a Scottish string of DNA. The caps you gave me are still in use. I wear a cap most of the time to keep my gray matter in check.

Thanks again.

Spring "Pop-Top Head" Chicken
  • The Coop is a fun place to build and to hang out.

I don't have plans. Built it using up some of my gray matter (and some red juices) with an idea of what I wanted. Lots of people have asked for more info on it. Check out a special blog site I set up for it.

http://springchickencoop.blogspot.com/2008/05/spring-chickens-coop.html

I'm since made a number of changes and improvements that I haven't updated to the blog site but now that the party is over I should be able to get things up to date.

Spring "Build It And They Will Come" Chicken
  • Thanks. We're so glad you decided to make the trip. You may be a little saddle-sore for a few days but trust me when I say I hurt a lot more than you LOL.

By the way, the tequila liquor you brought is some really good stuff. I finally sat down to a three-finger glass of it (neat) and thoroughly enjoyed it. I will definitely find a source close by.

Catch you in Atlanta.

Spring "Down Hill From Tulsa" Chicken
  • Thanks Mike. I used your photos to expand my collection on my blog. I wanted to make sure those who couldn't come saw as much as possible of what fun we were having.

Thanks also for cooking up those Philippine Egg Rolls. I forget what you called them but they were a big hit.

Spring "Philippine Visitor Complements Of The Navy" Chicken
  • We are so glad you and Norma decided to drop by. You missed a great deal of the earlier stuff but I think you were here long enough to know just how nice your fellow Eggheads can be.

You're not that far from us so feel free to stop by more often, party or not.

Spring "After Party Burner Was On" Chicken
  • It was our pleasure Jerry. Thanks for spending a special day in your life (birthday) with us. You and Teresa are great to know. Stop by any time.

Spring "Too Many Birthdays Is Better Than Not Enough" Chicken
  • Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Back in Ms. this Morn wishing I was back at a Coop party (after a full nights rest last nite}. Great fest and attendees..Did not meet a stranger.. Hope to see a lot more of all in a not so long off future date..

Ray Price aka Babyray
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    My friend, you definately know how to throw a party, everything looks perfect...As much effort as you and Judy put into it, I,m glad everything worked out well.
    Congrats..