Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Plate Setter - Necessary??

KipKip Posts: 87
edited 7:54PM in EggHead Forum
How valuable an accessory is this? Is it necessary for indirect cooking? How is it best used?

• CRCR Posts: 175
    You can arrange firebricks to get the same cooking configurations as using a Plate Setter; the Plate Setter is just much easier and faster. I bought a Plate Setter and really like it and use it quite often. [p]It makes setting-up for indirect very easy; just put in the Plate Setter(inverted) add a drip pan and the grill and you are ready. Also great for raising the cooking surface to the level of the Egg opening--essential for pizza making.

• Kip,
    Not necessary, but it sure is nice to have...

• ShelbyShelby Posts: 803
    Like the others have said, it is not necessary but it sure makes life easier, although I'm sure the guys who use firebricks say the same thing.
    I think the key is that it fits perfectly without having to build/stack firebricks and it's the correct height without having to cut/adjust.
    To me, it's well worth the investment.