Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large Table Refinishing Complete

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I swear this is my last construction related project I will post (for a few years anyway). When I put the new mini table next to the old large, it was not gonna work, see first photo (old table looked like crap, new table looked too new). So I disassembled the large (taking the opportunity to add the new Nomex gasket), blasted the crud off, sanded it lightly to get what was left of the old urethane off, scrubbed it with wood conditioner, then applied Behr Waterproofing Wood Finish. I used the kind that was tinted cedar, both tables are all cedar, but after crud blasting, sanding and conditioning, the old table was almost white. In the end, it's hard to tell the old table is almost five years old. I also took the opportunity to upgrade the paver sitation. I was using 3 long pavers which covered about a 16 x 18 inch area leaving some wood exposed. I upgraded to 4 one square foot pavers giving me a perfect 24x24 coverage, it is much more stable now as well:

CopyofIMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1835.jpg

006.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1750.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

IMG_1837.jpg

IMG_1838.jpg

IMG_1839.jpg

IMG_1619.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

IMG_1840.jpg