Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

pulled pork anyone!

EggspertMNEggspertMN Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, Jeffybeer called me yesterday and told me that Cub had pork shoulders for .99 a pound. I'm sittin here and I was thinking that pulled pork sandwiches would be good for dinner tomorrow. I called Cub in Forest Lake and asked for the meat dept. He told me that he just marked them down to .48 a pound! and he has lots of em....

Jumped in the truck and drove up there right away. bought 150 pounds of shoulder for 70 bucks. two cases worth.

SO, we'll be having pork shoulder this weekend, I'll rub a few up with cure and make buckboard bacon (BTW you should all give this a try). I'll grind up some for brats and Italian sausage. maybe freeze a couple. They have a week to go before the expiration date.

"it's a pork fat thing....'

Cheers

Comments