Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
There are two very delicious food holidays coming up that we wanted to share with you all because cheese and guac deserve to be celebrated! Guacamole Day is on September 16th and Cheeseburger Day is on September 18th. Happy cooking EGGheads! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

pulled pork anyone!

EggspertMNEggspertMN Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, Jeffybeer called me yesterday and told me that Cub had pork shoulders for .99 a pound. I'm sittin here and I was thinking that pulled pork sandwiches would be good for dinner tomorrow. I called Cub in Forest Lake and asked for the meat dept. He told me that he just marked them down to .48 a pound! and he has lots of em....

Jumped in the truck and drove up there right away. bought 150 pounds of shoulder for 70 bucks. two cases worth.

SO, we'll be having pork shoulder this weekend, I'll rub a few up with cure and make buckboard bacon (BTW you should all give this a try). I'll grind up some for brats and Italian sausage. maybe freeze a couple. They have a week to go before the expiration date.

"it's a pork fat thing....'

Cheers

Comments