Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

pulled pork anyone!

EggspertMNEggspertMN Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
So, Jeffybeer called me yesterday and told me that Cub had pork shoulders for .99 a pound. I'm sittin here and I was thinking that pulled pork sandwiches would be good for dinner tomorrow. I called Cub in Forest Lake and asked for the meat dept. He told me that he just marked them down to .48 a pound! and he has lots of em....

Jumped in the truck and drove up there right away. bought 150 pounds of shoulder for 70 bucks. two cases worth.

SO, we'll be having pork shoulder this weekend, I'll rub a few up with cure and make buckboard bacon (BTW you should all give this a try). I'll grind up some for brats and Italian sausage. maybe freeze a couple. They have a week to go before the expiration date.

"it's a pork fat thing....'

Cheers
·

Comments

• AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Smokin deal Mark! -RP
    ·
  • Hi Randy, missed you and Desert Filly at Midwest Eggfest. I got to show off my ribs at the meet n greet. Maybe next time?

Cheers

M
    ·
  • AZRPAZRP Posts: 10,116
    Yeah, we missed seeing you guys too. Looked like you had another beautiful day for it. We went to the IL fest and got deluged from Gustov and Ike remnants. Maybe next year, you going to ATL this year? -RP
    ·