Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Super Peel operator failure

Options
Willie Lump Lump
Willie Lump Lump Posts: 229
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I had an interesting learning experience with my Super Peel. http://www.superpeel.com/videos.html
I had this idea that I would be able to handle very high hydration (66%) dough with my Super Peel. What I ended up with my wife refers to as road kill pizza.
The laws of physics being what they are this outcome was just waiting to happen.
If you wish to duplicate my results this was how to proceed.
1. Place your breadboard on a countertop so that it is not braced from the back.
2. Form your pizza with your sticky wet dough and not enough flour on the board.
3. Using the unique pastry cloth/ conveyer belt system of the super peel pick up the pizza from your breadboard.
4. Observe the breadboard slide to the backsplash of the counter.
5. Don’t observe that this sliding action is stretching the pizza to the point that it now has a rather large hole in the crust but not in the toppings.
6. Place holed pizza on you screaming hot pizza stone on your Egg.
7. Scrape off what you hoped would be diner from your stone.
8. Call Domino’s
TTFN WLL

Comments

• Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    I hear people swear by those things, but it looks like an expensive gadget that will take up a lot of room in the kitchen. I tried parchment paper once and have not looked back. It works great!
  • PedroWuzHere
    Options
    I'm sure it was user error on my part, but I could never get a hand on the conveyor belt system & I removed it. The peel on the other hand has held up phenomenally well & I'm very happy with it as just a pizza peel. As far as space taken up, dude just hang it on a wall. Adds character to the kitchen & takes up no space at all.
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    I used mine for the first time tonight and I will never go back to my parchment paper...you do have to use flour on the table and the peel however...I just posted my best resulting crust tonight under Artichoke Chicken Pizza...keep on 'peelin' The post you made was very funny by the way, hope the dominos was hot.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    Dominos’. :sick: Our first pizza looked like an ameba. We built it on the counter, but not enough flour. When attempting to place it on the peel, half of it stuck to the counter. As we freed it from the counter, it shrunk. Still tasted good.
    biggreenegg006.jpg
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    That is truly a funny story. I believe that thousand's of pizzaiolos round the world can't be wrong, a simple, no contraption peel is the tool of choice (even if you are try'n super wet dough):

IMG_1648.jpg
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania