Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fischer Wieser sauces and glazes

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I picked these up while we were in fl and just used the Harvest apple cider glaze last night on Salmon. it was wonderful a little sweet but I will cut it next time with a little cider vinegar. but it has chunks of apple in it and other spices. It was great on the salmon! I think I might try it on some squash, maybe acorn cut in two and just pour a little in and bake.
PLATEOFYUM.jpg

Comments

• Ike Witt
    Options
    Their products are incredible, a little pricey but worth the cost IMO.

jelly.com

best
    allen
  • Mainegg
    Options
    yes it is $$ but we got one of each as a very special treat and the burnt pineapple is to die for. that was my favorite till the apple cider one last night. and the raspberry on wings as an ending glaze is good too. they sure can't go on till the last minute though with all the sugar!
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    I really like the Blueberry/Chipotle on chicken. You are absolutely right as you cannot use it during a cook. Makes a great finishing sauce. Worth the $$ IMO.

http://www.jelly.com/products/sauce.htm
  • Mainegg
    Options
    Wow! thanks for sharing the web site. I did not know they had all that!! We just go the 6 glazes that the BBQ store in Englewood carried and loved. might have to do an order :)
  • GirlyEgg
    Options
    I baste and marinate (with a little soy sauce & captain morgans) using the Raspberry Chipotle! It's the best around and worth the extra $$. Our stores in ATL don't carry it, but the Costco in Phoenix does, so I stockup when I'm out there!

I add some balsamic vinegar and olive oil to make a viniagrette over a fresh arugula salad with toasted pecans, raspberries and feta... add to sour cream to make a dip, use as a spread with mayo for sandwiches.... LOTS of ways to use them!!