Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This may sound real basic, but so be it!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What is the best way to warm up left over turkey to keep it from drying it out? In the past we've always just placed slices in a pan and poured in gravy. Any better approaches?
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Yo Ron, One thing I have used is canned chicken broth. This stuff is fairly neutral in flavor and will not alter the taste of the turkey. I use canned chicken broth for reheating large amounts of pulled pork too.[p]Another option would be to use some of the turkey or chicken stock made from the bird itself. I use the bones and especially the skin from birds that were cooked over the fire to make stock. The rub and the smoke give the stock a wonderful flavor. I don't add any veggies to my stock. After the stock has boiled, I remove all the bones and skin, and then strain the solution. I let the stock cool over night in the refrigerator and skim the fat off the top. Then I freeze measured amounts of the stock for later use. [p]I will use the stock for boiling rice or boiling egg noodles or for reheating large amounts of sliced turkey. I guess you could even use it for making soup. :-) I hope some of this helps.[p]Beers to you,[p]Juggy D Beerman
  • kim
    kim Posts: 63
    Options
    RRP,
    how about the crockpot with gravy, cream of mushroom soup, or canned broth.

• Zeke
    Zeke Posts: 90
    Options
    RRP, we use an el cheapo rice cooker and let it steam for 15 minutes. This works great for pulled pork too.