Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks Cathy Loup - Spatchcocked/Butterflied Turkey Success!

Options
Toe 49
Toe 49 Posts: 193
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well, I made the long venture of 3 miles across town to my mom's for Thanksgiving Dinner (lunch). Had an awesome lunch while watching the Patriots beat the Lions. Well, I came home and prepared Butterfly Chicken with mushroom stuffing in the recipe portion of this website. A stuffed 13 pound turkey took 3 hours. I brought it in from the BGE and left it on the counter in the kitchen. Within a few minutes my brother woke up from the recliner because of the smell.....it was AMAZING!! The stuffing was too much!! I must say I followed the stuffing exactly as described BUT added a package on Jone's pork sausage.....a total success!! As planned I brought a HUGE plate down to a local pub for the bartender working and he was in heaven. This was the "best turkey and stuffing he's ever had". He said I'll be having free Amstel's for a while......maybe I'll bring him more down tonight........ :-)

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    Toe 49,
    Cathy is a fabulous cook, and you cannot go wrong with any of the recipes she has submitted. Hopefully she gets caught up on whatever is keeping her from hanging out with us, and gets back here with her wealth of knowledge and kindness. I am praying that she makes it to the Eggfest in May...not only cuz I wanna see her....but aint too often you'll eat food like she can cook up![p]Great story. If you are gonna have a new buddy, a bartender is the perfect way to go![p]Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    Options
    Toe 49,[p]I'm glad your bird was great! I've added shredded prosciutto to the stuffing on occasion, so I'll bet the sausage worked well.[p]Our butterflied turkey disappeared, helped along by my 18 year old nephew who's spending the weekend with us. [p]Thanks for the kind words, Chris dear. I'm perpetually swamped, and not in front of the computer as much as I used to be, so hangin' on the Forum is tough. [p]Best wishes to all for a very happy holiday season![p]Cathy