Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini Housing Upgrade

Options
Zippylip
Zippylip Posts: 4,768
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I always wished I had built a longer table for the large, between food, tunes, accessories & beverages, it's a little tight. So I designed the mini table as an extension of the large so I now have over 8 feet of work space (it has always been my intention to keep the mini in the garage when not in use, out of harms way, & just pop it on it's table when needed, which is why I scratched the egg feet outlines in the paver - quik set-up).

The problem: where to put the mini when in the garage :huh: .

The solution: an addition hanging off the accessory shelves in the garage.

I know what you are thinking, the 32 three-inch wood screws holding this contraption together couldn't possibly hold the mini safely (I thought the same thing even after doing the "I stood on the shelf & it held me" test), so I added the 6 inch lag bolt, ya know, just to be on the safe side :laugh:

CopyofIMG_1736.jpg

IMG_1741.jpg

IMG_1755.jpg

IMG_1754.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

IMG_1757.jpg
happy in the hut
West Chester Pennsylvania

Comments

• Woodbutcher
    Options
    You certainly keep busy. Nice job, maybe you should have my handle.
    Think the Eagles chances look good in Chicago? Did you hear anything on Westbrook?
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    Nice looking addition to your first table. Like you, I don't think the storage rack will go anywhere. Any chance the mini could get bumped a little and knocked off the shelf?
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Nice add on. I use the mini too often to be taking it in and out.

I do like the mini table/extension.

GG
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    nice .. you working on a second career B)
  • Susan Egglaine
    Options
    I have my small on a shelf to the side. I keep a rope around her. You never know when you might loose a wheel!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DSCN1622.jpg
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Woodbutcher: I like the Eagles by at least 7

Double: Don’t think so, it’s right next to the wall, only way I’m bumping into that is 20 beers, & then I’d only hit the shelf

Susan: that is a brilliant design ;)

Grandpa: that is an issue, but from where the egg sleeps to the table outside is about a 5 foot distance to travel, pain in the *** but with all the branches falling from the 70 foot Maple above, & balls/projectiles falling from the boy’s arm, better safe than sorry, ehh?

Bill: yep
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • deltadawn
    Options
    Everyone has such great set ups. It's fun seeing everyone's handiwork. Question about the mini:
    Can you do a low & slow cook on the mini or is that best left to at least the small size? What can you get on a mini?
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    I don't have a mini, but my brother does, and he actually uses it more often than his Medium. It's a steak cookin' machine. Uses very little lump. Quick to load and unload. He even made a little raised grid for cooking chicken breasts. Lots of folks in here use their minis for low and slow, and they seem to have a lot of success with them.

Here's how the brother midified his table to handle his new mimi:

Tomstable.jpg