Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

GASKET UPDATE - no adhesive on replacement!

Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Yup, there's no adhesive or tape or anything on the replacement gasket I received from Atlanta. Bruce was very kind to send the gasket length for XL, since I did not specify which size cooker I was trying to fix until after they mailed out the replacement. Now, I've gotta find some acetone and Super 77 spray :)

Grandpas Grub et al, here are the shots of the new gasket roll:
IMG_2578.jpg
IMG_2580.jpg

See? Sans adhesive :) It looks like a big white roll of felt. I hope that I can install it correctly and cure it before the weekend. I'll have the final shots after I can find those little plastic thingys which hold the spring bands shut...

Comments