Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First steaks of spring

Options
King-O-Coals
King-O-Coals Posts: 510
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
SPRINGSTEAKS.JPG
<p />My wife went down to visit the E Street Band of butchers today. She decided I was cooking steaks tonight. The butchers assured her that these cows were Born in the U.S.A. Their just a little skinny, 1.25 inches, but they were Boss. Since they were our first steaks of the spring, she's calling me Bruce Springsteak. And if you look close, you can see my brand new gasket. Smokin Todd,, you shudda been there..

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    King-O-Coals,[p]Very nice. ST would be proud. Unfortunately, I think he's feeling a little under the weather this evening. He's taking a break from Egging this evening in the spirit of a quick recovery and a return to Egging the rest of the weekend.[p]So how were these animals seasoned? After all of my trials, my fave is still plain old Montreal Steak seasoning then 2 minutes per side at insanity temps plus a 4 minute dwell at insanity minus a couple hundred. I tried the mustard thang once but to be completely honest I didn't notice much of a difference. The scientist in me thinks I need some more trials since the consensus on the forum is that mustard adds something nice. Because of this, I'll prob try mustard again soon.[p]Hope you enjoyed that portion of cow (a single serving, to be sure). BTW, who's that pictured next to the Egg???[p]Cornfed - a Grateful Dead fan but also a fan of that other guy...at least by association...[p]

• King-O-Coals
    Options
    Cornfed, my wifey likes fresh ground pepper, some Natures Seasons, a light sprinkling of Tony Chacherees, and a few splashes of Moores Marinate (less salty than Dales). I have started cooking my steaks at high heat, BUT little direct flame contact. These went a little past medium to, probably medium-well. That's the way she likes them and I don't really care how mine are done. From "wipe his butt and cut his horns off", to well done,, I like it any old way. I knew S.T. would get a kick out of this one.. HEEEeeee!

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    King-O-Coals,
    I love it...Bruce "Springsteak"...hahahaha.
    Yes Cornfed is correct, I am not feeling well at all. I am up late now because i woke up in a cold sweat and feeling miserable...i think i may have food poisening from that dam White Casle I had after I left Cornfed's last night.
    Anyway, this post adds to my Bruce happiness...I finally recieved my tickets for his July 1st(very last)show in New York City this afternoon.
    Anyway again, those are nice cuts-o-cow. Hopefully by tomorrow evening I will be well enough to compete with your last steak burn. Thanx again for your reference and understanding my not-so-popular posts. U da' man.
    Always,
    ST

• Smokin' Todd
    Smokin' Todd Posts: 1,104
    Options
    King-O-Coals,
    I had to post again...
    I guess becasue I am feeling so dam miserable I missed the photo of the Boss in the backround. That is truely awesome!
    I thank you so much. I really made my miserable night a bearable one. U must goto Eggfest.
    ST

• Smokin' Todd, it's completely my pleasure!