Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Williams-Sonoma Rib Rack

Options
abundell
abundell Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I just received the stainless Williams-Sonoma rib rack that they have for sale for $15.99 on their site. At the regular price of $39.99 it was too expensive, but at this price, it's a steal.

http://www.williams-sonoma.com/shop/sale/view-all-sale/index.cfm

It's a thing of beauty. Heavy gauge stainless, great workmanship, and an excellent design that fits nicely in a large Egg and has a bottom designed to hold ribs upright so they don't flop horizontal.

The website shows two racks and is confusing. The rack they ship is the stainless one and not the black one.

Go git 'em...

Comments

• PorkBone
    Options
    If you can get them in your local store, they are $9.99. Best thing is, if they don't have any in stock, they will search for stores that do and send it out UPS for like $6.00 for 2 racks. That's how I got my 3 racks.

Roger
  • abundell
    Options
    Wait... I was feeling good about my bargain. Now I'm feeling bad.

I'm kidding... I remember your original post about it... thanks for the tip. I had actually called my "local" store and they didn't have it and didn't mention the "other store" thing. But... with gas at $4/gal, ironically, paying the extra $6 online was how much it would have cost me to go to my local store. Now, please don't tell me that I could have called my local store and had them do all this without actually going there, thereby saving the $6 I just justified. Cuz then I would feel bad.
  • AlaskanC
    AlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Options
    I've got the black one they show and I love it - its the only one I use. From what I can tell, the stainless one only holds 4 racks, right?
  • Bama Chad
    Options
    Anyone tried it out on a medium? I am wondering about the fit...
  • Hot Stuff
    Options
    i don't think it will fit...it's over 17 inches from corner to corner
  • Hot Stuff
    Options
    there's a similar one on craigslist here with a drip pan that fits underneath and it's pictured on a bge...just do a search for green egg on the atlanta craigslist
  • NibbleMeThis
    Options
    I love mine, but one word of warning. When you have it loaded full of ribs in a large BGE there are some orientations in which your dome thermometer probe with be sticking into the meat instead of the cooking chamber air.

You can see it through the top of the egg....or you just notice when your dome temp suddenly drops to 140f after running smooth at 250 all day :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Knoxville, TN
    Nibble Me This
  • FearlessGrill
    Options
    I have the black one too - picked it up at the WS Outlet near us for 8 bucks or so. It works great.

-John