Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggtoberfest Ladies Lunch

Options
Desert Filly
Desert Filly Posts: 1,042
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi all you "ya yas" as Madd Max calls us. I'd like to put a group of us to have lunch on Friday, at about the same time that the boys...do the Varsity. Bill Wise has suggested a couple of restuarants in the downtown Atlanta area...near the Varsity. Here's the link...http://www.swancoachhouse.com/restaurant.html.
If you know of somewhere else...let me know. As I'm not familiar with the area. I'll have a vehicle...so we can carpool. Probably wouldn't want to meet any later than 1pm.....we have to save room for Meet and Greet. So, let me know if you're interested...or have a better idea...

Kim

Comments

• Hot Stuff
    Options
    the swann coach house is an excellent choice...my wife and i got married there 30 years ago and try to return every year for an anniversary lunch...i would recommend the "swann special" which is two scoops of chicken salad served in homemade crusts with a frozen fruit salad (which you will want the recipe for, but it is not available)...it's a definite ladies place that i would compare to "tea rooms" around the old south years ago...it is not really close to the varsity downtown, but isn't far from lenox square, the shopping mecca of the southeast...this is a very classy place but not too expensive, much nicer than mary mac's.

hope this helps...david
  • SSN686
    SSN686 Posts: 3,504
    Options
    Morning Kim:

I'll make sure Kathy sees this and responds tonight when I get home. Looking forward to seeing you and Randy in a few weeks.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    "Mary Mac's Tea Room" is only about a mile from the Varsity. It's a local's lunch favorite, and a true Atlanta Landmark.

http://www.marymacs.com/
  • HungryNephew
    Options
    I was just going to suggest Mary Mac's. Perfect for a "ladies" lunch. Does not get more southern than that!
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Kim,

Mary Mac's is an excellent choice...

also nearer to where everyone will be staying is Mathews Cafeteria in Tucker, GA...it was featured on the Food network Diners & Drive In's

http://www.matthewscafeteria.com/

it is 5 minutes from the Mothership
  • Spring Hen
    Spring Hen Posts: 1,578
    Options
    Hi Kim,
    One of your ya-ya's checking in.... I'm at work and our internet is still out at home. I don't think I will be able to make the luncheon because our flight does not even arrive until about 12:30. Last time it took almost an hour just to get our car and get out of there. Please let me know where you decide and if I can make it in time I would love to join you. I'm afraid it is going to be one of those last minute things.
    See ya soon.
    Judy
    Judy
    Covington, Louisiana USA
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    sniff... sniff.... :(
  • EggHatter
    Options
    Hello BGE Sisters!
    I am soooo ready for this ladies lunch! My sister turned 60 and we had a female tribal gathering in Hermann, MO. which was quite a lot of fun. We reserved a whole bed and breakfast and were within walking distance of all the great little antique shops and the Pie Shop! Now I'm primed for Atlanta. I guess we have to decide if we want to travel a little more or stay close and maybe have Spring Hen and a few others join us if possible. I'm okay either way.

Look out Atlanta!

EggHatter