Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooking for 60 people, little nervous!

TBQue
TBQue Posts: 103
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have done several searches on cooking butts and I know there is a ton of info on the subject. I have seen anywhere from 1 hour per pound wrapping in foil 1/2 way through to 3 hrs per pound. I am doing 2 boneless butts one 6.7 lbs and the other 7 lbs this weekend. I have tried two different butts at 250 indirect for an hour a pound unwrapped (foil) and they did not pull so well. I got the method from my local BGE store. I guess my questions are how long per pound and should the butts be wrapped a some point in foil? I am thinking I need to go longer per pound. Should the butt sit directly in a pan indirect or on a grill over a drip pan indirect? And lastly, should you inject the butt or not? I have done several seachers and have found a million different ways.

Comments