Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hatched a new use for leftover Pulled Pork

Options
Austin Smoker
Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Felt creative, so thought I would try some Hatch Chile/ Tomatillo Stacked Enchilads...which I would normally do with chicken, but had a bag of leftover pulled pork and said "what the he#$"

IMG_0724.jpg

Started with a medium Texas 1015, and one fresh seeded jalapeno, diced and sweat down with 4 cloves of choppped garlic:

IMG_0723.jpg

Next, pulled my last batch of Roasted Hatch Chiles :( , peeled the skin/de-stemmed and into the blender with salt, pepper, 2 fresh tomatillos, fresh clinatro and another couple cloves of garlic.

IMG_0725.jpg

Added the onions, jalapeno, garlic saute and spun that on low for a minute:

IMG_0728.jpg

Prepared an 8x8 pyrex dish. Sprayed the bottom with a little pam, then one layer of white corn tortillas.

IMG_0726.jpg

Then a layer of the Green Chile sauce, topped with pulled pork and a little more sauce:

IMG_0729.jpg

Then a layer of Monterey Jack:

IMG_0731.jpg

Repeat the layers until you finish with a layer of tortillas, top with cheese and a little pork to make it purty.

IMG_0732.jpg

Covered with foil and onto the egg at 350 for 30 minutes. Then uncover, and back onto the egg for 10 minutes:

IMG_0733.jpg

Let it rest for a couple minutes and cut into pieces lasagna style:

IMG_0735.jpg

Great flavor combination, and the smokiness of the pulled pork definately added some depth of flavor. My 13 year old daughter, who eats NOTHING - said it was "pretty good," which is a total victory in my book. The wife said the leftovers for lunch today, with a little sour cream on top, was "heavenly." Hmmm...something tells me I'll be eggin' this again soon.

Comments