Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

hurricane Ike and the egg

Options
egguitarist
egguitarist Posts: 93
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The egg has saved me for this week. Fri morning and still without power here in Friendswood.I have cooked on my egg every day except yesterday-ordered a pizza- was too tired from helping a friend who lost over 40 large trees on his 10 acres. We took a break and enjoyed some of the brisket I had just smoked all night.
The amount debris in my area is just incredible. Haven't been able to work all week as both of my denta; offices either have power or other issues. No damage to the house though :) i am posting from one of my offices-nice to sit in some air conditioning. The egg has been a lifesaver

doc

Comments

• RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    Best of luck to you.

I lived in Charleston during hurricane Hugo so I can relate.. My future in-laws were nice enough to take me in since my downtown apartment was un-inhabitable. We didn't have power at the in-laws house for two weeks. That was no fun, so I wish you the very, very best in getting the lives of you, your friends and the community back to normal.
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Things are starting to get back to normal around here after Gustav for most but many in the southern end of the Parish are mucking out and still don't have power after a 7 foot surge. Just looked at some Ike pics of Galveston and Houston - absolutely brutal. Good luck.
  • Grillin Guy
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. After Katrina it was either grill everything in the freezer or throw it away. We ate pretty good till everything thawed out and then it was MRE's. Ugh. Best of luck to you. Keep passing the open windows.