Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Tailgating Eggsperience

Tractor
Tractor Posts: 288
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have been tailgating for several years, but had still never taken the Egg along until a couple weekends ago for the FL/Vandy game in Nashville. I don't know what I was thinking all that time before! It was absolutely a blast cooking out for all my friends on location before a game.[p]And I had plenty of opportunity to brag about the Egg's abilities to many curious passers-by. Many people have never seen one before and they just kind of gawk. [p]I had been concerned about what to do with my Egg during the game following cooking on it. I had figured it would probably be safe leaving it out. A Metro patrolman came by while we were cooking out and was spreading the word to everyone to make sure they get everything packed away before the game because of scavenging vagrants in a park nearby. My friend told him that my BGE may still be too hot to put away to which he replied,"Well if it's too hot for you to move it, it'll be too hot for 'my boyz' over here to mess with". We all got a laugh out of that.[p]Turns out...nobody touched it and it had cooled down completely by the time the game was over.

Comments

• site1.jpg
    <p />Tractor,[p]Here is a medium egg cranking away in the Gillette Stadium parking lot prior to the Patsies getting decked by the Broncos. I chain the hinge to the bed of the truck. I am not concerned because of the tight security, weight of the egg, and as you mentioned the heat.[p]Pout
  • site1002.jpg
    <p />The prior picture is very dark on my PC. Here is a picture of all the tailgate necessities.
  • BillyV
    BillyV Posts: 16
    Tractor,
    Just curious. What did you cook?

• Tractor
    BillyV,
    I made some burgers & brats. I use a modified version of Wise One's technique for burgers and they turn out GREAT![p]I chose to make burgers because of their simplicity and short cook time for a tailgate.

• Tractor
    Pout,
    NICE SETUP! SWEET!

• Toe 49
    Toe 49 Posts: 193
    Tractor,[p]I don't have any pictures handy to post but as my true life brother (Pout) shows in his posts, they are showing up and some tailgates. I went to 3 Patriots games this year....the first one with my Small BGE and tailgated with my son and my brothers family. I then took the Large the next game. I actually did chicken, shrimp and other food for before the game then threw some ribs on to be ready for AFTER the game. Could do with just that so the last game I went to I brought both.....Lot's of bragging/showing off that day!