Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Flank Steak

Stanley
Stanley Posts: 623
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just did a nice flank steak. Marinated in Braggs Liquid Aminos (like soy sauce, but not fermented - my wife has issues with things fermented due to migraines), sesame oil, olive oil, garlic, rosemary, DP Cow Lick. Marinated 32 hours or so - longer than I intended. I was going to cook this last night, but got an e-mail from a favorite neighborhood Italian restaurant letting me know they had a bunch of fresh sardines in and were offering them (lightly fried) for happy hour, so I let my flank marinate another day and went for the sardines. They were incredible! So, tonight I fired up my MBGE to 550° and grilled the FS to 135° internal (with my trusty Polder instant read). Let it set 15 minutes and sliced thin against the grain. Topped a fresh salad with the sliced steak. Wonderful. I love the flavor of flank steak.

Comments

• Nice. I'm a real newb. I love flank...mom used to make it...ya know..the classic 24 hr. marinate honey garlic...yum. The egg would be perfect for this fast sear on a thin steak...thanks for reminding me about this recipe! Jason