Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

which is your favorite bbq book?

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Which is your favorite bbq book?

Which book may be considered the "bible" of bbq?

Which book would you consider to have the finest bbq recipes?

Which book would you consider to be the best with respect to bbq technique?

Which is your favorite Ray Lampe (aka Dr.BBQ) book?

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Options
    All the suff the folks from the forum has made available to us.

As far as published books, I enjoy the books that focus on meals, tips and cooking. While somewhat interesting, too many of the books have a lot of 'tales' to share. Just my 2¢

GG
  • bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    Kent, you can read? :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Fire Walker
    Options
    Steven Raichlens How to BBQ an Ribs, Ribs, Ribs

FireWalker
  • civil eggineer
    Options
    You will get better advice on this forum then any book. I have a dozen BBQ books and none compare to the expert advice given here.
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I like all of DR.BBQ's books.I would buy 1 at a time and after reading it buy another until you get them all.
    Larry
  • Perennial Smoke
    Options
    I positively love Dr. BBQ's Big Time Barbeque. I recommend it to everyone who buys an Egg from me. I entered my second competition this labor day (Naperville Last Fling Rib Cook-off), followed Dr. BBQ's recipe, and took first place in ribs!!

I also really like Barbecue Queens "Weeknight Griling".
    Nancy
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    My favorite is the one that I am making of my own cooks and blog entries, Ha. Some Day I'll get it scanned and provide you all with the pdf...Hard to say that I actually have a favorite, I like anything with lots of pictures and not too many fish or seafood recipies...and good recipes that can be easily modified to my tastss instead of killing the recipe by not following every little step.
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Nice :whistle:

I have text to speech running on high speed.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Options
    Thanks for the tip.

GG
  • WADoug
    WADoug Posts: 191
    Options
    Do you want bbq recipes or bbq culture. This forum has both. I'll never enter a contest, or open a restaurant, so even the most basic bbq recipes do me fine with enough practice. After getting an Egg, I got more tuned into the culture. I saw a post with a picture of food and a book, "Peace, Love, and BBQ" - or something like that. Went to a bookstore recently, looked at the bbq section, saw Ray's book and the Peace, Love... book, got them both. I enjoy the Peace, Love... book for the culture and a bit of recipes, and Ray's for the recipes and a bit of culture. Great recipes here in this forum. If that's not enough, go to the bookstore and browse the cooking section.
  • Hoss's BBQ
    Options
    Adam, I agree this forum is a great resource. I love all of Ray's books. I feel the newest book is one of the first BBQ recipe books to step away from the stanadard cookie cutter book I have seen over the past few years.
    If you are looking for history or culture books on BBQ I would recommend Smokestack Lightning adventures in the heart of Barbecue Country by Lolis Eric Elie
    I also liked Smoke & Spice by Cheryl and Bill Jamison when I first started smoking
  • Pharmeggist
    Options
    Comes from the right DR.

http://www.drbbq.com/

Ray's books are the best.... I got "The BBQ Bible" Smokology etc. Those books are great for door props or to boost the children at the table. OK I AM BIASED the other books don't get used at my house much anymore as you can tell.

Today I used Ray's newest book the NFL Gameday book to make Bananna bread it ROCKED :woohoo:
  • Angela
    Angela Posts: 543
    Options
    I really love Southern Livings publication ( it's not really a book) that came out a few years ago titled Southern Living BBQ Our Ultimate Guide.
    Egging on two larges + 36" Blackstone griddle
  • Irreverent
    Options
    Smoke & Spice by Cheryl & Bill Jamison is a tome that NO BBQ library should be without.

Peace.