Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
With winter in full gear, we’re enjoying all the awesome photos of EGGs in the cold weather. Stay warm with some of our favorite Dutch oven recipes: Chicken & Dumplings, Chili Con Carne and BLT Soup.

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Boston Butt or Picnic ? ?

edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I've made my first pulled pork with an 8# Butt and it was Great! I'm going to make another and was wondering what the difference between Picnic and Butt is. I don't want to try Picnic if Butt is best.[p]Dean
·

Comments

• Nature BoyNature Boy Posts: 8,328
    Dea,
    Both make some fine pulled pork. Many prefer the butt for its slightly milder flavor, and slighlty better yield of finished pulled pork. And no skin to mess with. Yet picnics are cheaper, and have a flavor that some prefer.[p]Either way you can't go wrong. Maybe you could do both, and do a side/side comparison to see which one satisfies your buds best. No problem dealing with leftovers! They freeze well.[p]Cheers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    ·
  • DeanDean Posts: 29
    Nature Boy,[p]I like the side by side idea. Think I'll try it.[p]Thanks[p]Dean

·