Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

NH Eggfest Pics - better late than never

Options
Peddler
Peddler Posts: 25
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I know I'm a bit late in posting some pics from the first annual Eggfest held in New Hampshire. I was fortunate enough to get a BGE to cook on that day. I chose to make my New York pizza. It turned out that I made 9 15" pizzas that day. It was a blast. I was blown away by the crowds that watched me each time I made a new pie and by the positive comments on how the pizza tasted. In addition to the pics posted here, I put a video together showing how I make this pizza so my friends can learn how to make this delicious pizza on their BGE.
NHEggFestpic004.jpg
NHEggfestcuttingpie.jpg
Pizza800x600.jpg

Comments

• Essex County
    Options
    Ah, that brings back memories! I remember the crowd you attracted. That was a great day. My wife baked two nectarine blueberry coffee cakes and then we moved on to some cinnamon chicken and red onion pizzas. We're already thinking about what to make for the next NH Eggfest.

Paul
  • That pizza looks AWESOME! I heard there was somebody who made pizza on the BGE - I gotta learn how. I'm from NJ, but my wife and I live in Massachusetts...land of the cruddy pizza. Yours looks just like what I'm used to!

What's the deal with the video you mentioned? Can I order one from you? How do I get one?

Thanks Man!

PowerGriller
  • Peddler
    Options
    Thanks PowerGriller! I got great comments about how good my pizzas tasted that day. Some of the folks said it was as good, if not better, than they had ever tasted. I was obviously happy to hear that feedback. If you want to see a clip of the full-length video I put together, just go to /www.greeneggchef.com/NY-Pizza.html.

Thanks again.
  • Peddler
    Options
    Thanks Paul. It was my first Eggfest and it was a blast "entertaining" the crowd and watching them enjoy the pizza. I was so busy cooking that I didn't get around to taste the other cooks' food. A few people delivered their food to me...they were all really good. I will make it a point to check yours out next year!

Peddler
  • The NY Pizza looked great. I can't believe the color/texture of the pie, it looked like it was done in a wood fired brick oven. Can't wait to try it...
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I pass. I have learned a lot on this forum from a lot of outstanding cooks. Not one of them have asked me for my email address or real name and cetainly none of them have offered a video at a resonable price. If I want some hints on making NY Pizza, all I have to do is ask. Sorry for being brutally blunt but that's my HO. BTW - tell Mike Zinga and Powergriller hello the next time you look in the mirror.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    Dear Frank --

Welcome back home, after the Big Wind! I'm glad all you're dealing with is a fence...

Now -- Down to business.

I will put you in my uncle's will. He is a multi-billionaire in Kenya, caring for his 38 cousins who are in some hospital.

All you need to do is tell me your
    [1] real name ;)
    [2] birth date and place B)
    [3] social security number :)
    [4] savings account -- bank and number :laugh:
    [5] your credit card numbers -- don't forget the expiration dates, codes on the back and your name exactly as it appears on each. :P

I will guarantee you will receive zillions when my uncle croaks. :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

All the Best and Waiting to Hear from You!

Love and Kisses -- :kiss:

~ B

:whistle: :side: :ermm:
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I would sign up except I'm already committed to a prince in Nigeria - seems he had to go underground to avoid exile. Now that I think of it, Spring Chicken and I might be husbands-in-law or uncles-in-law or something like that because of our relationship to this prince. Checking the mail twice daily but haven't heard from him yet.
  • Broc
    Broc Posts: 1,398
    Options
    True --

My wife and I know of a child [now an adult] who was adopted here in the states. It seems that the father was some Uppety-Uppety prince, king, ruler -- whatever -- of some African state... and the child was adopted out in the most secreted way to protect the child...

...as in protect him from assassination!

Bizarre!

~ Best

~ Broc
  • Peddler
    Options
    Sorry you feel that way. My site is for those who want to see a step-by-step instruction. the video is a half-hour long and I spent money to have it taped and edited. It also comes with a detailed recipe booklet. If you had been at the Eggfest, you would have seen and heard the detailed questions I got as people watched me make the pie. Several people purchased the video and signed up to be on my mailing list, so I guess they think there are things they can learn from me. Also, I am not the other 2 posters you mention...

Peddler
  • Pitmaster
    Options
    Not sure why Frank thought he had to write that. Who knows, Peddler could be the next "Dr. BBQ". I don't see any comments like that about other people on here that have websites that sell their "wares" for the egg.
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    HI! we were set up right across from you and I smelled your pizza all day and never got over to get a taste! you did have a crowed when ever it was time to come off the egg!and what a FRIED gasket! LOL that egg was just a humping all day and you did a great job! Julie
    chiliguySmall.jpg
    Picture507Small.jpg
  • Peddler
    Options
    Thanks Mainegg! These pics are great and I'll add them to my collection. The bottom picture is me making the last pizza while the Eggfest organizers were holding their give-away session at the end of the day. Next year come on over and get a piece or let me know, and I'll personally deliver it to you.

Peddler
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    I apologize for going outside the lines but it did look a little fishy.

You have been a member of the forum since 7/05 and I would guess (maybe incorrectly) that you have lurked here a bit and noticed that help, information, hints, humor, etc. are exchanged at a pace that I certainly can't keep up with. When I made my comment you only had 3 post (who knows - maybe you changed you screen name and had contributed a bunch in the past) all in the same thread. My experience is limited as compared to yours (eggin less than a year and a member of the forum since 12/07) but when visiting other members websites I have found loads of information without any questions.

Again, I apologize for my comments and wish you luck going forward.

Frank Smith - Going back to fence mending (real fence) and will refrain from posting after two cocktails in the future.
  • Peddler
    Options
    Not a problem Frank.

I have always had just the one screen name all these years. Along the way I have posted many times, although not so much in the last couple of years as I was working hard to build my own consulting business after leaving the corporate world.
    Actually I posted several times in answer to questions about baking a pizza on the BGE, giving out the tips I had found worked for me.

Enjoy building your fence.

Mike Beek
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    When they changed formats here, we all got reset to zero. That's probably why you show up as a newbie :)

Pizza looks good, BTW. I've never had NY style Pizza so I don't know what I'm missing.
  • BoneDaddy's
    Options
    How many egger's and visitor's would you say was there?
    Bone Daddy's Competition BBQ & Catering
  • Peddler
    Options
    My NY pizza is a thin, crisp crust from the center of the pie to the edge. It's a more flavorful sauce than a simple Italian Neapolitan-style pizza, plus it has toppings like pepperoni, mushroom, and bell pepper.
  • Peddler
    Options
    I'm not certain. The organizer told me about a week before the event that they originally expected less than 100 including the cooks, but they had over 250 registered at that point. I'm not sure how many actually showed up, but it was a good-size crowd.
  • Wow - look what I started...I just wanted to find out how to grill the damn pizzas...Not sure why you're all beatin' up on Peddler...I think his pizzas look pretty damn good. And...NO...I am not him! Unbelievable!!!
  • GrillDaddy
    GrillDaddy Posts: 295
    Options
    Wow, that looks really good!