Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Besides Eggin\' what r your hobbies?

Options
13»

Comments

• ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    Options
    I shoot trap. That's like Skeet and Sporting Clays only a different target presentation. In Fact it was on Trapshooters.com that I found out about the BGE. I wrote to the guy that told me about this place and soundly cussed him out. LOL

Rick---MONTANA
  • ILL--EGGER
    Options
    Sportscards have been my hobby for as long as I can remember.
    th_MickeyMantleFront.jpg
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    ok. no screwing around anymore...

i collect fine bindings (my g-g-grandfather was a bookbinder, and these are his, ca. 1890-1920)

Raguenet005.jpg

i like to draw (this is pencil).
    TribTower01.jpg

i'm a designer by profession, which means i can think up stuff that's too expensive for me to afford so i have to make it myself. i guess you call it "puttering". i putter around and make stuff for the house. here's my house number, which i finally finished (and already posted here once before). the garden is in this pic too. like to try to grow stuff. the kids plant the seeds and we see what happens. the pumpkins are almost ready, and if i carve anything decent this year i may post it...

house_number.jpg

i like to try to fish, even though i am no good. here's one of the boys.

tucks_first_fish.jpg

i'm a family man, and we spend a lot of time together. lately have been spending a lot of time watching pop warner (my oldest, the future ladies' man)

Killer_Kowalski.jpg

i do a LOT of reading (right now, mostly non-fiction, american history, WWII, etc.), but if i get time without distraction, i enjoy long sessions of joyce and joyce literary criticism (Ulysses is my "if i were stuck on an island" book). i am really saddened to hear that we've lost david foster wallace. i figured we'd have another 40 years of wonderful (if erratic and overindulgent!) stuff from him. frigging scope of that guy was something to behold. makes even pynchon look like he only has the range of a daisy air rifle....

but what we really enjoy is impromptu entertaining with friends.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • stike
    Options
    we have been trying to get sundown/socially-unacceptable to go away for years. he's finally gone for a few weeks and now after his first post back you guys are inviting his alter-ego to become more active?!?!?! do you know what you are doing?

doesn't anyone remember our super -ecret meeting in his absence when we voted him off the island?
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    I'll ride shotgun. K?
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I enjoy working on,and playing in my Jeep.My 5yr. old son loves it also :woohoo: I also like woodworking,RC planes,helicopters and cars,golf,fishing,and watching football :woohoo:

017-12.jpg

016-6.jpg

010.jpg

014.jpg

countertop009.jpg
  • Beanie-Bean
    Options
    I really love playing in my little studio, although I haven't fired it up in a long time, I still practice on my guitars and on my drum kit. Poor bass guitars and keyboards have really been neglected...
    IMG_3931.jpg

Too much time egging, I guess :)
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    you're being way to modest stike. ...show off a couple of the pumpkins!!
  • stike
    Options
    hahahaha

i think they have been posted every year for the past three years. nope. only new ones, and only if they are good!
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    well, i call this a hobby. .. :woohoo: some have referred to it as various other things on the restraining orders :evil: :evil:

DSCN0246.jpg

DSCN0994.jpg

blackwidow.jpg

hootersgirls.jpg

corinna.jpg

IMG_0194.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    i mean this in all honesty, i never get tired of seeing them. ...they are truly fantastic, and there is a whole new group of newbies here that havent' seen them yet ... i guess we can wait about 6 weeks or so to see them again!!. ..do you have plans afoot for this year's yet, or are you still waiting for this year's inspiration?!
  • Celtic Wolf
    Options
    I know what you mean!!

fedra2.jpg
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I just sent him inspiration for this year.....i think he can vastly improve on the one I sent him.

I agree max - they are amazing, unlike anything I have ever seen. I wish I had 1% of that guy's artistic talent.
  • stike
    Options
    almost a hint of a smile on you there in the cameron diaz pic. perhaps if we saw your teeth and a smile you'd look less like chester the molester and more like then happy max we all know and love!

(second one from the bottom looks like bad photoshop. like something from the stalin years...) heh heh heh

did cameron ask about me? i still owe her ten dollars, but i ain't giving it to her til i get my underwear back.
  • stike
    Options
    no idea. i have gotten some grief about posting them.

we'll see. if it's good (and i have time to do it!) i'll post it. don't worry, max-o!
  • stike
    Options
    i wish i had 1% of your ca$h!

hahaha
  • mad max beyond eggdome
    Options
    LOL. .thats not cameron diaz, but you know, in that picture, she does look like her. ..i hope bill wise sees this, since he introduced me to 'corinna'. ..he'll get a kick out of that comparison. . ..

as for that group of girls in the second to the last pic, that is part of the 'lost nation' crew, one of the great group of competition bbq gang around. ..rich decker from vermont, head of the lost nation bbq team, his neice lauren and her friends. . .great group of girls. ..lauren and her husband actually have their own team now. ...see them a lot around east coast competitions. ...and they are always great about indulging me with a group photo. ...
  • Wanabe
    Wanabe Posts: 355
    Options
    I fly RC planes and enjoy Off-Roading.

DGandYak.jpg
    Moab2.jpg
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    Hey, I forgot about that! BTW, nice looking mug...Both of you!
    I am a brew-mister and vintner too, but I guess when I was thinking of hobbies; I was thinking that was more a necessity (like cutting fire wood) then a hobby…
    But, you’re right…it is and I guess maybe they both are!
  • DynaGreaseball
    Options
    I'll bring my banjo, if you'll bring your guitar! Been playing banjo for about 5 years. We have a little group here that meets most Monday nights. We play bluegrass and some gospel. But I don't sing!
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    I spend a lot of my time riding my Harley, playing golf, and photography,

IMG_5400-01.jpg

IMG_5155-01.jpg
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    The bike on the right is mine..it has 114,000 miles on it...I have another one that has 286,000. I love to ride.

44696725_83WEB-M-1.jpg
  • icemncmth
    icemncmth Posts: 1,165
    Options
    I also rescue little white dogs.

206207906_6VzRe-L.jpg
  • Perennial Smoke
    Options
    Thanks. We did a 50/50 raffle at EGGwegoFest and was able to raise $280 for the cause. Eggheads are generous people...
  • Rusty Rooster
    Options
    Scouting takes up most of my "spare" time. I enjoy spending time with my family & going to their activities. One sone is a long distance runner (right now he is training for a 100 K on 12/20/08 in Chattanooga) the other plays baseball & football for his HS. When I can I like hunting and fishing and I really enjoy all kinds of cooking. Since I was a child I have been a US coin collector.
  • AlwaysGolf
    Options
    Given away by the screen name. Although I don't play as often as I would like (wifes controls the days). Used to collect sports cards before they became too expensive and insert driven.
  • WileECoyote
    Options
    Quite an amazing and impressive list going here. God sure does hand out a lot of talent.

For me variety truly is the spice of life. I love to constantly learn new things, research and experiment, explore, and push the envelope whenever possible. So my hobby list is quite long and I will have 20-30 projects in progress at any given time. Here is a partial list to keep from boring you.

Former hobbies include: survival camping, backpacking, skydiving, fishing, canoeing, biking, making and drinking beer

Current hobbies include: spending quality time with the wife and our pets, traveling, long scenic nature drives, egging, customizing my truck, building computers, software and web development, electronics design and repair, small business consulting, volunteering to help others, teaching firearms classes, and camping in our new travel trailer