Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Besides Eggin\' what r your hobbies?

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OT I am sure, but Besides spending time on here and cooking on your eggs or collecting eggs what do you do for fun? This is such a large diverse, group from all walks of life, what is or would be if you had time, your passion? ours are very obvious old trucks and campers! LOL There are only two of us at home now and we have 3 pre 1960 campers and 9 autos. I wont even go into the list of 351 Windsors and 9 inch rear ends that Neil thinks is necessary or he will DIE! LOL Julie who does not live in a JUNK YARD in Maine! LOL

Comments

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    flyfishing, camping, hunting in no particular order...

Julie,

Will you guys bring your camper to Ocala? I loved the pics you had of it earlier this year....
  • Interesting question Julie…
    I have to admit that my passions have changed with the years, with the ONLY constant being cooking and eating great foods.
    OTOH, I keep my self entertained with model railroading, singing and dancing in Community Theater (Grand Rapids Players and Reif dance) and cross-country skiing in the winter. In summer I always have a garden, do a little fishing and also some theater (Mississippi Melodie Showboat).
    There is also the maintaining of our tree farm and a little woodworking thrown in.
    If it weren’t for “work” I could stay busy and content, 24 / 7, right here at home!
  • I am retired but I devote quite a bit of time to the fire company. When I am not doing that, or serving on a municipal board, or reading, or Eggin', you'll likely find me messing around with old British motorcycles, playing the button accordion or cooking indoors.
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    Hunting,Fishing and Pretty Women,but I have weekends off and I'm my own BOSS!
  • Can't wait to see all the inetersting responses...here's my not so interesting ones:

- Duck Hunting (really any birds, but duck it my favorite)

- Pulling the kids behind the boat (wakeboard, tube, skis, whatever)

- Mountain biking

- Golf
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Scubba Diving both my wife & I Got certified a few years ago.........also, ATV´ing.....in the Sierra.
  • Mainegg
    vidalia1 wrote:
    flyfishing, camping, hunting in no particular order...

Julie,

Will you guys bring your camper to Ocala? I loved the pics you had of it earlier this year....

No we will just be bringing the truck, if it is done. We have to haul a trailer of stock from my studio so I can "work" and fill orders from the web site down there. Wish we could do both LOL but still have to pay the bills :(
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Hi Mainegg!

When I'm not doing stuff with my kids (still have 1 at home-a high school senior, 1 in college and 2 out on their own), I do a lot of community service type work. When I get time, I do some shooting sports and hunt with my dog, Maggie (my one true love :kiss: ).
  • Golf, bird dog training, bird hunting, sporting clays, mt biking, woodworking, classic cars, antique tractors, NFL football (watching), pizza and bread (built a wood fired oven this summer), current and vintage stereo equipment, home theater. Pretty much OCD/ADD/ADHD, at least according to my wife!
  • Boss Hogg
    Boss Hogg Posts: 1,377
    Hey 70 Chevelle!

My 1st car was a 66 Chevelle SS396. Are you going to watch the Eagles beat the Cowboys tonight?

E-A-G-L-E-S........EAGLES
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Looking for Indian artifacts...Playing at the lake on the jet skis,photography and our yard.
    Larry
  • Mine would be:
    hunting
    woodworking
    video games(I know... the addiction of my generation)
    love paintball, but haven't gotten to play in years.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Italian language, hand making pasta, drinking wine while making pasta, drinking wine while eating pasta, drinking wine while talking about how good the pasta was :laugh: , then a whole lotta runnin, walkin, splitt'n wood, gardening, grass cutt'n, snow blow'n & whatever else I can do to work off the pasta :blink:
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Boss, did you get my email, & someone posted inquiring as to w/n anyone had PA Eggfest Pix, have you figured it out yet?
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    i cant really count fishing as a hobbey, but there is reel collecting, fly tying, and beer cap collecting, i think i have 65,357,682 bottle caps so far in my samadams collection.

2004_0105Image0002.jpg
    teaching the dog to tie flies
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    ...don't forget your secret passion (you knew this was coming)

collecting yankee candles.

fishlessmancandles.jpg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    You are BAD Jeff...LOL

Larry
  • Salt Water Fishing and woodworking (simple stuff)

boatcrop640x480.jpg

Large trivet made for a friend - mahogany frame
    101_0523640x480.jpg

Twin wine racks for a friend
    WINERACK4800x600.jpg
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,657
    thats the only reason i picked that pic. B) still looking for the elusive bacon candle
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Hobbies are a great concept!! Wish I could devote more time to them, but I have a few.

Backpacking, being outdoors as much as possible, making and entertaining friends, fishing, playing guitar, freestyle frisbee, winter 4WD camping, disc golf, raising twin teenagers, mountain biking, photography, woodworking, did I mention being outdoors?, drinking beer bourbon and tequila, canoeing...all while listening to music.

BTW, I have a junkyard workin too. Want to fix up my 1991 toyota 4wd pickup...it's a 4 cylinder 5 speed with only 91K miles. Once the garage gets built I want to make it my "tooling around" vehicle. It's been parked for many years, and has a lot of life left (once I get the mice nests out).

Life is good. But I need more time for hobbies ;-)
    Chris
    DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    PineyWoodsBrewer wrote:
    Homebrewing beer!
    IMG_5955_edited-1-1.jpg
    IMG_5993_edited-1.jpg

homebrewing is awesome!
  • deepsouth
    deepsouth Posts: 1,796
    my other hobby is music....

7,000+ records
    2,000+ cd's
    1,000+ tapes
  • Mainegg
    Hey Chris we need you to keep up the good work, you are an important part of our hobbies! LOL I am packing to go camping this weekend and my little bag of samples all went in the camper :)
    some pretty cool stuff listed so far. would never have guessed it. I love home brew but hubby doesn't weird huh, that mug looks to good to be true! fly tying dog? she needs to be on Americas amazing pets! LOL and don't talk to me about Yankee Candles. we carried them for 20+ years at our old shop. 5 hutches full. my nose just quit working. if I go in to my old shop, we sold it, I can not believe how strong it is. And I didn't smell it all all. some really cool stuff listed so far! Julie
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    what's 'bad' about that is the photoshop job!
    that's not exactly in my portfolio!
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Now there’s a hobby that compliments egging. Salute.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    I play a little golf, play a little guitar, and try to keep my property looking nice. I used to rebuild motorcycles but there isn't time in the day to do that any more. I even built a few land speed record racing bikes with friends back in the mid to late 90s.

I have had a desire for a long time to learn to play the banjo, but haven't gone down that road yet.
  • My many 4-leggeds!

100_0010.jpg

101_0115.jpg

Picture060.jpg

Marie
  • Playing the harmonica (including with a blues band every year at the Waldorf Eggfest), reading, movies, cycling and Krav Maga (just started that this summer - it's a great workout and self defense method).
  • Playing Basketball.

Drinking Bourbon www.straightbourbon.com

Reading.

The Red Sox and the Patriots.

Going to the beach.