Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I'm never making ABT's again

MeatMeat Posts: 233
edited 9:51PM in EggHead Forum
Of course that's not true, but making a hundred is a drag. Ran out of freakin bacon if you can believe that. My father in law just built a garage and is having a party and all of his friends are bringing their old cars over this weekend. He asked me to cook for the group. I'm gonna transport my Large over to his house and wow 'em all with some Egg grub. Sausages with peppers and onions, ABT's, mushrooms stuffed with crab dip, and whatever else falls on the Egg. FG

DSCN1768.jpg
·

Comments

• You running out of rub too??
    ·
  • MeatMeat Posts: 233
    Yeah. I've been meaning to make a Dizzy Pig order but haven't yet. The wife brought home McCormicks Brand Cinnamon Chipotle rub. Not too bad, kinda sweet. Works pretty good on ABT's.
    ·
  • Dizzy Pig BBQ

I found that Emeril's Essense is a somewhat decent failover for Dizzy Dust.

Though I got the recipe for the Texas Steakhouse "ABTs" and they don't use a rub, just a BBQ sauce after they are cooked. Plus they serve them with Ranch Dressing. Now I will take their recipe and make them better :)
    ·
  • My back is hurting for you. Great job!
    ·
  • Man, cleaning a dozen jalepenos clears out my house so I can't imagine a 100! Well done!

I did like the post about adding BBQ sauce but instead of adding it after I would like to add it close to the end of the cook to carmelize a bit. Yum!

Bruce
    ·
  • I don't use a rub ON them either - but I make a damn nice 'thermonuclear' ABT by mixing Dizzy Pig's Jamaican Firewalk in with the cream cheese (one to two tablespoons per 8 ounce block of cheese). And the ranch dressing helps cool the result. :evil:

Tom
    ·
  • dhuffjrdhuffjr Posts: 3,182
    I always mix in rub with the cream cheese. I do sprinkle some on the top too though.
    ·
  • AlaskanCAlaskanC Posts: 1,346
    Hahaha - well if you are coming to eggtoberfest you can help us stuff all our smoked salmon abts we are making the night before - looks like you are a pro!! :)
    ·