Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sweet Potatoes

Brahmabull
Brahmabull Posts: 54
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anybody ever cooked sweet potatoes on the BGE?? If so, how? Thanks

Comments

• We peel, slice, toss in olive oil, sprikle with Jamacian Fire Walk rub. Cook at medium heat (325) turning every 7-8 minutes on top of foil. If you don't have this rub use a little cayenne pepper.Potatoes will turn a dark brown almost chared when done. We prepare them this way at least weekly.
    Best Doug
  • I do them when I cook ribs. Put them in foil with some butter. They go on the egg when I start the ribs - when the ribs are done the sweet potatoes are quite nice. My wife loves them - I do baked potatoes the same way.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Good way to do the sweet taters Bama...when done and you plate them..top with a mix of cinnamon and sugar for a real nice eat..as for the regular spuds..toss the foil, rub in evoo, salt, pepper, maybe some john henry pecan rub and toss em on the egg...eat regular spuds skin and all ;) I cook sweet taters and regular spuds to between 200-210 internal...
  • We cook them 350 raised grate cut into 3/4 in slices. Drizzled in EVOO with Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper. Turn evey 8 - 10 min. until done.
    Everyday is Saturday and tomorrow is always Sunday.
  • There are a ton of ways. Most are the same way you do them in your oven.

However, I like them best when I wrap them in foil and bake them in my egg at 250 dome. Low and slow lets all that sweet goodness get happy..
  • I agree with the Wolf, low and slow. We poke holes in the yams and pour maple syrup and rum.....Awesome!