Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket on WSM

Options
James MB
James MB Posts: 359
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Last weekend I did a brisket - I didn't give the butcher any notice so ended up with mostly Flat.
Did it on the WSM because I didn't have the nerve to try a first low & slow on the Medium.

Lit a few Briqs in the chimney (the WSM already had some part burnt briqs in the bottom and I wasn't going to disturb them so there was no point using lump) to get the WSM warmed up. The BGE had a fair load of charcoal in from my last cook so I topped it up and put one lit briquette on top to see what the temp control was like with no cooking load, I didn't put the platesetter in so I could peek at the fire through the top.

Well the WSM did its usual magic but I had to open the vents a little later on in the cook (not my best brisket). The BGE however was still running along quite happily at 240 when I went to work the following morning 24 hours later without so much as a touch, albeit with no meat on board.
In fact it had only fallen to about 180 by the time I got home 36 hours from the start without touching anything.

I think I'm ready for a low & slow on the BGE!

Comments