Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cedar Plank Salmon AND . . . .

Options
Central IL Egger
Central IL Egger Posts: 260
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Acorn Squash!

First try at Salmon and I should have made 3 times as much. My daughter, niece, and cat all found they loved it, too! Cedar Plank, EVOO, Lemon Pepper, and a dash of brown sugar. 350 for 35 minutes and we were good to go!

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

Comments

• Aledo Green Dreggon
    Options
    I grew up in Fairmount IL, that's half way between Danville and Champaign. What part of central IL are you in?
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    Looks good, Mark. Every new dish is a delight from the egg. BTW next time make a little extra and try this spread recipe.
    http://www.eggheadforum.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=71&func=detail&id=374
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    Options
    Looks great. Is that acorn or butter nut squash? how did it turn out??
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    That is amazing, that exact combination is my daughter's (& my) favorite. I have a new method of doing the acorn squash however, I peel all the skin off (which is a pain in the...), clean it out, cut it into small chunks (about 1 inch square), nuke it for about 15 minutes to soften, then add brown sugar & butter, then into a baking dish at which time you can pop it on the egg, cook it for about 1/2 hour at 350 & with the Salmon it is Killer
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    just a thought but if you cut one lengthwise stem to tip and then nuke it cut face down after seeding it the skin softens, but also the inards soften making the scooping much easier.

OTOH I like to keep the "boats" in tact so as to hold the melted butter, maple syrup and chopped pecans floating as I eat scoop after scoop thus coating every bite - and then pitch the rind. Besides I'd probablly skin my knuckles trying to pare that hard rind!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    that is the way I used to do it (put in airtight container & nuke, then scoop out). The problem I always had is that stuff comes out of the microwave like lava & I could never scoop out all the stuff.. by the way, I left out the topping, before popping on the egg, sprinkle the top with cinnamon sugar
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Central IL Egger
    Options
    That's awesome, ZippyLip, we've got the same tastes. I "borrowed" your cheesecake recipe awhile back. And thanks to you and RRP for the nuking and/or cubing siggestions. They came out a bit tough on the tops. and to DavisDA2, I'm from Washington, IL about 20 minutes East of Peoria.

:)