Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Did you buy BGE without tasting food off it first!

Options
13»

Comments

• MeatosBanditos
    Options
    I never had anything off the BGE before I bought my XL. I haven't been let down in the least! :)
  • Fossil Frank
    Options
    ALWAYSGOLF
    I bought mine 17 months ago without ever tasting food from an egg. I wish I had bought it 15 years sooner but I had never heard of a BGE until about 5 weeks prior to my purchase.
    Frank from Indiana
  • EggEd
    EggEd Posts: 88
    Options
    Yup. Never used my Weber gasser again and now it is the only grill (smoker) I own.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Options
    No, we actually had several different dishes--pulled pork, spatchcock chicken, and some sausages. I had mine just a few weeks later.
  • Egglicious
    Options
    Me and a good friend both bought ours about six years ago without tasting any food cook on one first. It was the best investment I have made for grilling.
  • RU Eggsperienced
    Options
    Not off a BGE itself, but my father in law had a ceramic cooker that he got in the Philippines years ago and it was great. 15 yrs later I bought a BGE..
  • ric3677
    ric3677 Posts: 278
    Options
    I am with the majority. Never had a bite til I got it home, and I had the table built in one day and was cooking on it the next. Haven't slowed down. Just picked up the small and it's going to fit in nicely. Even did a butt on it over the labor day weekend that my daughter raved about.

Rick
  • SuzyQue
    Options
    Never had a meal from one and didn't know anyone who had one. I looked at them several years ago for my dad but never bought it. I was sitting here one Saturday morning about a month or so ago, and I decided I wanted to smoke a pork butt. So, I drove to Beaumont and bought one that afternoon. I cooked so much on it at first that we couldn't eat all the food. The forum is a huge help.

I love it!
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    Nope, my sister had one before I did, and I got some ribs off of it. I had mine within a week. :woohoo:
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    No, As soon as I tried it, decided to get an Egg right away. The best beef tenderloin I had ever had up to that point in time. Best gastronomic investment ever, but most important of all, a source of many many good moments & new friendships on the Forum.
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Yup, my bbq skills were already in place and about a month of visiting this forum and TNW pushed me over the edge. -RP
  • Grillmama
    Options
    Never tasted food off the egg until we bought one. :)

Just heard how wonderful they are, and they have lived up to their name. I want a medium as soon as I can afford it. :cheer:
  • Wanabe
    Wanabe Posts: 355
    Options
    I saw the BGE 8 years ago and passed because of cost. I tasted cooking on an XL in Ohio and bought a Mini. I found the Forum and now want a LG.
  • Griller
    Options
    I actually was sold by visiting the BBQ Outfitters in Southlake after doing a lot of research on my own. Never tasted any of the food but one cook in and I was a true believer. BBQ Outfitters are a friendly, knowledgeable crew that know their Q. Their prices are higher than BBQ Galore but I enjoy going there more. They could've had another BGE sale when a buddy of mine went to buy a BGE on the fourth of July but unfortunately they were closed. Almost seemed anti-BBQ to be closed on the Fourth - maybe they were out doing a cook. :laugh:
  • eenie meenie
    Options
    Nope, never tasted food on the BGE before buying one.
    I got hooked when I went to buy 2 Weber grills for my mother and sister at the local "bottled gas" store. They sell all types of gassers. When I walked in they were cooking chicken on a BGE. The employee confided that even though they were a propane store, their favorite was the BGE. He raved about the food and suggested that I check out the forum. I did......and several week later ordered my BGE. I love it!

eenie meenie
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    I saw it at a home show in Tampa in 1996 and went into the local store that very week and purchased a large without tasting any food, but just based on the cooking concept of it. This was before Food Network was popular and also all the internet cooking sites.

I believed it would make a difference in cooking, and from looking at this site - I was right!

Sorry, but you don't even want to know the price of the large in 1996! And I know I won't have to purchase another grill for a long, long time, if ever! To this day, I think it is still a great deal at any price.

Gemgirl
    Tampa, FL
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    No. I was on antoher forum that was smoking in metal units and someone mentioned ceramic smokers. The subject came up a few times the following 2 weeks and my interest was perked. I heard of this forum and goast read for a few months and the hooks were in me. Went up to Denver to visit a friend and found a bbq place that sold them and walked in and saw his treggers and the minute I saw the eggs I new that was the one for me.
    I now have 2.
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Pharmeggist
    Options
    No...
    My Dad got one for Father's day first. I didn't see it. Next thing I know My Brother bought a medium and I had burgers off of his. THat was all it took :blush:
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Max,

I wouldn't miss it.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Edemitch
    Options
    Never tasted anything prior to buying my medium. Did a bunch of research and once I found this forum, I was in.
  • Q-rious Tom
    Options
    Yeah -

I "outgrew" my Weber Kettle and the dealer had a spring sale on grills. I looked them over, then went home and started browsing the web.

I hit this forum, liked what I saw (both the results of the cooks AND the attitudes (or lack thereof) of the posters - especially some dude with the 'Mad Max' handle :cheer: ) and went back for the "cheap" grill. (They were selling BGE and Tec stainless steel; the Tec runs half again what the BGE runs).

And now I've got three eggs . . .

Tom
  • Stoneseller
    Options
    Very happy I did.