Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

1st attempt at calzones

Options
HorsieMom
HorsieMom Posts: 20
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
These came out amazing! I have always had great results with pizza, but wanted to try something new. A definite do-again.

egg002.jpg

egg001.jpg

I hope the pic thing works...

Comments

• Susan Egglaine
    Options
    Yummy! :)
    What's in there?
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Looks good! and the pics are showing up great :) like to see more ladies posting!! LOL Julie
  • HorsieMom
    Options
    They were delicious, and now they're gone...not a single piece left. Great football grub.

One was sausage, ground beef, pepperoni and lots of cheese, and the other was sliced eggplant and cheese.

So glad the pics came out...1st try. :unsure:
  • pop-a- top
    Options
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Because my wife is completely inundated with her horses, I have to ask how you came up with your handle? -RP
  • HorsieMom
    Options
    LOL!! My hubbie has always called me Horsie Mom. I breed, train and show Arabian horses. I spend LOTS of time with every foal born here, whether they are keepers or are moving on to new homes. When I'm not playing with foals, I'm in the saddle. :)
  • HorsieMom
    Options
    LOL!! My hubbie has always called me Horsie Mom. I breed, train and show Arabian horses. I spend LOTS of time with every foal born here, whether they are keepers or are moving on to new homes. When I'm not playing with foals, I'm in the saddle. :)
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    And soooooo… How did you do it? Did you make the dough? What were the sauces? What temp. did you bake at? The questions are limitless…….Please give us a run-down!
    BTW, they do look good enough to eat!
  • JLOCKHART29
    Options
    They look great! Would like to know about the dough also. ;) Like the Arab thing! I have a 14 year old mare. Crabbet with heavy Raffles on dam and Morafic Egypton on sire. From what I read she takes after her distance Grandsire Raffles. I gave up ridding with big groups years ago. She will "heal" off line loke a dog, free lounge and ride saddleless and halterless BUT letting another horse lead is a constant battle. It tears her soul out to be second. :laugh: Only down side is a gray and have been fighting melanoma for a year in Oct. with cimidine. It migrated to saliva glands but so far has not progressed anywhere else and shows no sighn of complications.
  • HorsieMom
    Options
    Well, I cheat on the dough and buy it ready-made in the Publix bakery. If they don't have any out, they usually have some in the freezer they'll get for you. But the sauce is mine. Just crushed tomatoes and a little tomato sauce and seasonings of your liking. Platesetter legs down and the pizza stone on top of that, at about 425-450 until it sounds hollow and it's nice and brown. I'm thinking these went about 30 minutes. And yep, they were good enough to eat. ;)

So sorry to hear about your gray mare. Melanoma can be such a problem with them. I love the Raffles bred horses. Really true competitors at heart, so it doesn't surprise me that she has to be first all the time. I hope her condition remains status quo and she has no further complications.
  • Smokin' Lady
    Options
    Your calzones look great, you have inspired me to give them a try tomorrow. Arabians are beautiful horses, there is an Arab stable (Rockridge Arabians) just around the corner from me near Tiverton, Ontario and I love to see their foals in the spring. Here's their web site in case you want to check them out. www.arabiansatrockridge.com