Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

getting my Large next week

Options
newegg
newegg Posts: 78
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What setup is recommended...the Woo 2 and extender set. I am wanting to get the best and most usuable set to make it easier to get higher in the dome for making pizzas. I almost bought it last night, but hate to spend my money and find out I should have purchased something else that would work better. Any help will be appreciated. I am still waiting the dealer promised my large table would be ready next week.

Comments

• bubba tim
    bubba tim Posts: 3,216
    Options
    It depends on your budget, Woo2 and extender, spider, wok, platesetter, pizza stone, digi II, egg nest, composite shelves, (all 3)thirdhand, 2 inch fire ring, rib racks, turkey stand. I may have forgot something, but I would say these would be your bare essentials.
    :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    newegg, I wouldn't worry too much about getting your stone high up in the dome, lid level works fine as long as you are properly pre-heated:

IMG_1577.jpg
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    i have the adjustable rig and spider!!! they work really well for me ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• bubba tim
    Options
    whoa, way to much coffee this am, what is a good set up for PIZZA? simple platesetter and pizza stone. Just like Zippylip stated, there realy is no need the go up in the dome. Heat everything for an hour. Don't forget to put down corn meal on your stone so the dough does not stick.
    SEE YOU IN FLORIDA, March 14th and 15th 2014 http://www.sunshinestateeggfest.com You must master temp, smoke, and time to achive moisture, taste, and texture! Visit www.bubbatim.com for BRISKET HELP
  • Zippylip
    Options
    & may I add to bubba's cornmeal advice which is a must do, another tip that will greatly improve the cooking of your toppings is to bring everything to room temperature before you top your pie & I mean everything: cheese, sauce, toppings, everything. Cornmeal is King:

017.jpg
    happy in the hut
  • bubba tim
    Options
    I gotta ask, what happened to the peel?
  • Rascal
    Rascal Posts: 3,923
    Options
    Burned its tongue on a super-hot pizza!!
  • Zippylip
    Options
    About 10 years ago I was experimenting with a quary tile in my oven, I put in on the base of the oven & cranked it up to 550, after heating for a 1/2 hour or so, I slid a beautiful pepperoni pizza on it & the tile instantaneously exploded, the pizza began dripping & drooling down into the undercarriage of the oven as I was frantically trying to pick it up with the peel, here is the other side which actually has the imprint from the tile (which I also fished out of the oven in pieces practically on fire). Yea, it was a frigg'n calamity (mostly because I had to throw the pie out)

IMG_1599.jpg
    happy in the hut
  • bubba tim
    Options
    I figured there was a good story behind that. I wish I had a picture when I learned about using cornmeal. Not as bad but I did redecorate the title on the deck!
  • Zippylip
    Options
    & your figuring makes you one perceptive bastageee ;)
    happy in the hut