Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PNW Evergreen Eggfest

swamprb
swamprb Posts: 97
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just want to thank Gwen, the AES crew, all the cooks and new Eggers that made the Second Annual Pacific Northwest Evergreen Eggfest a great time today! I'm exhausted but already looking forward to next year! I love my new BGE!! Hope to see some familiar faces next weekend at the Evergreen State BBQ Championship at Alki Beach in West Seattle http://www.pnwba.com/

Brian (the old Kamado guy!)
Midnight Ramblers BBQ

Comments

• Brian,

It was great meeting you. What a wonderful group eggers are in person at an eggfest. This was my first Eggfest.

What Brian said; Thank You to Gwen, the AES crew, all the cooks and visitors. Not to forget my able crew mates Jim and John. Jim just got his first egg (a Large) last week after seeing what I was doing with mine. John an amazingly talented grand champion pitmaster had never cooked on eggs and had a blast.

Thank You to all who helped us cook:
    Roast Garlic and caramlized onion(in a dutch oven on the large) stuffed pork loin with a chipotle rub.
    Bacon wrapped mushrooms,
    Crab Stuffed Bacon wrapped mushrooms,
    Crab Stuffed Bacon wrapped sweet peppers,
    Margarita Marinated Collosal Shrimp,
    Margarita Marinated Chicken Breasts and
    Huge assortment of Pizzas, the boys were having fun with the toppings.

Our not so modest effort netted us peoples choice first place. I'll try and post pictures and recipes soon. The prize of a small now means I want a mini for Christmas to complete the set :cheer:
  • Good to hear you enjoyed another Eggfest up in the PNW. We're going to make it back up there someday, hard to get away it seems.

So Brian, you hauling the new Egg to Alki? Good luck there. That is the most beqautiful venues I've ever cooked at...breathtaking.

Say hello to Russ for me.

-SMITTY     

from SANTA CLARA, CA

• WADoug
    WADoug Posts: 191
    Konrad, your are a true "peoples choice". Loved your results, creativity and down to earth approach. I had all the samples, loved the pizza and crab stuffed bacon rapped sweet peppers. But maybe even more than that, love the character of you and your crew. You inspire bbq'ing for us dabblers. I think, can I make this like Konrad...oh yea, doesn't matter, does it taste good. Thanks.
    Doug