Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Tonight is my wife\'s first cook

RRPRRP Posts: 15,557
edited 6:17AM in EggHead Forum
This should be fun. She wanted to start with a pre-made pizza from Nick-n-Willys. This afternoon with my directions she stirred the old lump, topped off with fresh and then cleaned the egg. All done without getting too dirty. I think already she sees there's more to it than she thought.

So far so good.

PS it's actually 2 for the price of 1 so 2 pizzas first time out!
Ron
Dunlap, IL
·

Comments

• I wish her well. I'll bet they turn out terrific.
    ·
  • FlaPoolmanFlaPoolman Posts: 11,670
    Be careful as the learning curve is not that hard then she's gonna want her own EGG. Wait,, thats a good thing :woohoo: :woohoo: . Go for it Pat and make him buy you your own egg. :laugh: Good luck on the first.
    ·
  • Congrats Pat!!! Let us know how it turns out. Cindi's done a couple cooks OHO while I was out of town. She's not quite hooked but she appreciates the egg.

Eggin.
    ·
  • Go! Pat, Go!

LR
    ·
  • Ron,
    Better be careful she will want an Egg of her own! Had Nick & Willys last night...superb.

Shane
    ·
  • :laugh: Wish my husband would.
    ·
  • RRPRRP Posts: 15,557
    I so appreciate all of your comments, but am still a bit nervous as a novice working with such an experienced egger! You are so right about not fully understanding the insouciance's of egging! But I am fully aware of the most delicious results on every level of cooking. Thanks for your encouragement!

Pat
    Ron
    Dunlap, IL
    ·
  • mkcmkc Posts: 540
    Pat - I'm the egger in our family, Steve bought ours for my birthday this year after I hinted for a long time.

Sometimes I even let him light it, but only after I've loaded the charcoal. ;)

You'll pick up a lot of great ideas, recipes, and tips on this board if you haven't already been lurking. I know I have - these folks are really great and have a lot of experience to share and learn from.

Michelle
    Egging in Denton, Texas
    ·