Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Four Butts & Brisket Setup Question

Spring ChickenSpring Chicken Posts: 9,711
edited 4:09PM in EggHead Forum
Ok, here's the deal... When I start cooking for the Coop Party, I want to do four 8lb butts and at least one whole brisket. I want them to come off about 8:00 AM Saturday morning so I can prep the Egg for the next round of cooking.

I have all the accessories for my large Egg, including TJV's adjustable rig.

First question: Can I get 'em all on there at the same time?

And: Should I even bother trying?

Spring "Looking For Answers In All The Right Places" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Mr. Leroy,

Let me know if I can help--I can cook some here in Round Rock, put them in foil, and we can eat it at your place. Just a thought. Doesn't Chubby cook butts on his SBGE? I remember you having one of those in your lineup. Or was it a medium?
  • I've got a large, a small and a mini. I've done four large butts and they turned out great. Now with TJV's contraption I wondered if I could add a brisket. It would be nice to pull them all off about 8:00 AM the morning of the party, wrap 'em in foil and towels, and rest 'em in a cooler until time to pull and slice.

Of course I could just cook them now, bag 'em and warm them for the party as needed. But then that's the easy way.

Thanks for the offer. Chubby also said he would be happy to burn something ahead of time.

I'm still in the planning stage so I'll let you know if you can cook something up ahead of time.

We sure don't want anyone to go hungry over here LOL.

Spring "There's Always A Way" Chicken
  • TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
    Spring Chicken, you could just get an XL with the BGE raised grid and try to figure out what to put on the extra space. :) :) Sorry!! I couldn't help myself. Like my XL!! ;) Mike
  • You bad... LOL

I would have to add a wing or another floor to the Coop to put in an XL. Not to mention spending some of my hard won funds that are still being held by the Texas Lottery Commission.

I distinctly remember them saying that if I purchased a lottery ticket I could be a winner. So?????????

We'll figure it out.

Spring "Two Story Hen House" Chicken
  • TNmikeTNmike Posts: 643
    ;) When I got my XL I told my wife I "may" have some money comming in-yep I had a lottery ticket. As they say forgiveness is easier to get than permission. It did take a few days for the lumps on my head to go down though.
    Best wishes on your "Coop Party" sounds like it will be a great time for all. Mike
  • mb168mb168 Posts: 265
    I don't have the adjustable but I have a Woo2 and a spider and that is one cook I've always wanted to do but not had justification to do it all at once yet, need to plan a party I guess. But you can definitely get 4 butts on a large grate and a brisket on another. What I wanted to do is put the spider down with a pizza stone/drip pan, brisket at fire ring on grate 1, and butts on top of the brisket on grate 2, I figure as good as brisket is, butt drippings could only make it better....