Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sunday Night Menu

Options
mollyshark
mollyshark Posts: 1,519
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Rabbi and his wife coming over for dinner tomorrow night. Here's the menu:[p]Field green salad with raspberry vinaigrette
Yeast dinner rolls
Herb-crusted Prime Rib with Horseradish sauce
Mashed potatoes with leeks and pancetta (just a tiny bit of pancetta ..shhh)
Creamed spinach
Mocha custard[p]Clos du Val cabernet if I can find it. Something else if I can't![p]Any suggestions or changes? Was thinking of a veggie alternative in case someone doesn't like creamed spinach (this recipe is delish), but since there is the field greens, I figured that's enough. Whatcha think? (have 3 rib PRIME prime rib sitting in refrigerator and will coat it with herb stuff tonight.

Comments

• WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    mollyshark,[p]Sounds like a 5 star dinner to me... I wouldn't change a thing.[p]If you don't mind posting, I'm interested in the mashed potatoes and creamed spinach recipes.[p]Good luck tomorrow![p]WD

• RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    mollyshark,
    mmmmmMmMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm... Creamed Spinach.[p]Thanks for the reminder on the leeks. They are going in the Red Beans and Rice
    R&J

• mollyshark
    Options
    WooDoggies,[p]I'll e them to you if that's ok unless there is a maelstrom of requests. They are both from various Bon Appetit. Coming up![p]mShark
  • Peggy
    Peggy Posts: 122
    Options
    mollyshark,your menu sounds wonderful. You must be a fabulous cook. In case you cannot find your clos du val cabernet, I recommend the following. Try a Syrah particularly, Echelon Syrah 1999 for $12.99. (Syrah is the American version of the Australian shiraz...same grape) I am in love with this wine. In fact, yesterday, Friday November 1st Wall Street Journal has a great article on Syrah in the weekly column entitled Tastings by Dorothy and John. The Echelon was one of their favorites too. Good luck with dinner. Sounds very yummy. Some day I want to try prime rib on the egg too. I think I will at Christmas time. Peggy

• Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    mollyshark,
    My invitation?
    Have fun in spite of the fact I won't be there. ;>)[p]Carey

• mollyshark
    Options
    Peggy,[p]I'll have to try it. Picked a couple bottles for this evening, but right now can't remember what it is (no coffee yet!). Prime rib is lovely on the egg. Put it in, sear, leave it alone. [p]My problem tonight is going to be getting the lump going. It's been raining nonstop for days and the lump is suffering from some humidity. I'll have to give myself an hour to get it going right! Dinner not until 7, so not to worry. As soon as AlexShark gets out of the kitchen (trying out his new non-stick calphalon omelet pan) I'll start on the mocha custards![p]You know what I need? One of those spare extra ugly refrigerators in my garage so I can make a lot of stuff ahead of time and put it in. I have a lovely stainless side-by-side in the kitchen, but those don't afford a lot of room for large covered dishes![p]I'd better get my coffee. Rambling![p]mShark